When it comes to websites, there’s one kind that often goes under the radar; event listing websites If you want to create an Event Listing Website, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
Importance of Event Listing Website
Event listing website is site built solely to provide the visitors with a list of upcoming websites with their links. Commonly, a lot of us have a hard time looking up events and finding their pages. Event listing websites make it easy for us to find our desired events and their websites.
Event listing websites are a leading way to promote your events. If you want to market your events, but you do not have the money to reach your required audience, these sites provide an excellent alternative — all the work without paying for it.
While there are websites like yelp.com, AllConferences, and eventful.com that provide the functionality, you might want to create your website to take advantage of the WP Event Manager add-on — creating your website accounts to numerous benefits. Hosting an event listing website becomes a source of revenue and audience.
If you want to create an event listing website with WordPress, we have a sublime companion for you; the WP Event Manager Add-on. The plugin is free of cost, packed with features, and full functionality for your events.
Using WP Event Manager, you get access to frontend forms, searching and filtering options throughout the entries/events, and complete events functionality. You get all the fantastic functionality without paying anything. Just head over to their website and click on download.
Procedure To Create
WP Event Manager is a light and optimized event management add-on. It can work on new and existing websites. You do not need to worry if you have an old website that you run.
Creating an event listing website with WP Event is very simple. If you want to use WP Event Manager to create an event listing website with WordPress, check out the following steps:
- Buy your desired domain and an excellent hosting
- Set up your website with basic functionality by using WordPress
- Install WP Event Manager plugin through automatic installation or manual installation
- Enjoy Pugin!! 🙂
Advantages with WP Event Manager Add-on
- Turning your website into an event listing website with WP Event Manager is extremely easy. Just a few clicks and you are where you want. Hosting event lists and details through a visually appealing design is the specialty of WP Event manager add-on.
- Ease of use is one of the most talked-about features of the plugin. Plugins are often tricky and complicated. If you are not a developer yourself, you might be put off by a plugin that requires you to get technical and adjust code. WP Event Manager add-on focuses on this problem and provides a neat UI that is clear and straightforward to use.
- It allows clients to see and modify their listings before they are displayed on the website. The admin can control the rest of the settings from the WP panel.
- The functionality of events is as simple as you could want. You create a game through the first option and select the options you desire. Displaying events and their details becomes beautiful through the plugin and its interface that appeals to your website.
- WP Event Manager provides you with search and filtration options. After the creation of event listings, you can search and filter the events as you want. This plugin helps in adding new events, deleting past events, and editing the current ones.
- One of the trickiest things when installing plugins on your website is the relationship of the plugin with the optimization of the website. If the add-on affects the optimization, it can seriously hurt your site’s visibility and revenue. The WP Event Manager makes sure that your website remains thoroughly search engine optimized.
- WP Events Manager provides fully responsive sites. Whether the users are using their mobile phones or their computers or any other device, the plugin ensures the responsiveness of the whole website through its cross-platform functionality. The plugin improves the optimization and performance of the site.
- Lastly, the add-on is fully supported by the developers, which ensures that it is regularly updated with the latest features and security updates.
Creating Event Listing Website – Conclusion
Using WP Events Manager, you can create a full-featured event listing website. It not only helps you with the options but also provides you with additional functionality while ensuring the optimization of your website is not hurt.
Blending into your WordPress panel and UI, the WP Event Manager offers you secure solutions to your event listing requirements.
No other plugin offers you the sort of features WP Events Manager provides. The free version of the WP Events Manager is more than enough for most event listing sites. Users rate it as one of the best WordPress plugins available on the site.
Going for paid plugins is also an option as they increase efficiency and optimization. Still, if you are a beginner or you don’t have the budget for it, the WP Event Manager free version offers you far more than what you will need.
There are also paid plugins that offer further functionality related to events. Some of the best-paid plugins are:
- Sell Tickets
- Attendee Information
- Google Maps
- Many More…
Sell Tickets add-on is a powerful yet simple plugin for WordPress websites that will help you sell tickets through your site. This plugin allows organizers to sell tickets of their events and shows using your site as a platform. Easy to set up, it provides a ton of useful features.
Are you an events website owner looking to boost your organizer’s ticket sales? Are you looking for a way to increase your sales while making sure your website remains optimized and organized? You should check out the Sell Tickets add-on.
The Sell Tickets add-on provides you with a set of utilities that come handy. If you have an events website, this plugin will make your life a lot more comfortable.
The Sell Tickets add-on is useful for events website because of its robust functionality, its various options, and secure payment methods. Customers can open your website and order the type of ticket they want, the number of tickets, and then the payment method. It’s all displayed on a widget created by the plugin.
Once you install the plugin, which is pretty straightforward by the way, selling tickets is a breeze. It’s that easy and that fast. The admin controls all the options from the backend. You can create multiple types of tickets for your events.
There are three types of ticket options available that you can utilize:
- Paid tickets: You can create multiple paid tickets depending on their prices, seating positions, and other details.
- Free tickets: Free tickets are tickets that the customers won’t have to pay for but can book.
- Donation tickets: The proceedings from these tickets are donated towards a charity or a crowdfunding event.
The options available for each ticket are:
- Ticket name
- Ticket price
- Amounts of tickets available through your site
- Minimum ticket price (if any)
- Starting date of sale
- Ending date of sale
Additional options include:
- Ticket Description (if any)
- Tickets visibility (Public/Private)
- Minimum tickets per order (if required)
- Maximum tickets per order (if needed)
- Show remaining tickets on ticket page (optional)
- Sold tickets one per customer (optional)
The plugin shows you all the details at the backend of your websites, such as quantity remaining, quantity sold, order summaries, receipts, and other options.
When you allow organizers to sell tickets through your platform, you will have to charge a fee for it. The admin can control the number of fees the website charges per order. You can set this fee based on:
- Purchaser’s country
- Fee mode: Fee per ticket or fee per order
- Fee types: fixed fee or a percentage of the price.
The plugin provides payment options in collaboration with the WooCommerce plugin, which includes all the popular methods like PayPal, Square, Amazon Pay, etc.
Lastly, the customization of the template makes it look appealing according to the theme of your website. You can customize the template using the guide on the site.
Selling tickets using the Sell tickets add-on is a walk in the park for all the website developers. If you operate an events website, chances are you will have to set up a ticket selling module at some point in time. This plugin makes your job effortless by providing you a full setup for your website.
The advantages of using the Sell tickets add-on will surprise you. The designers and developers of WP Event Manager designed the sell tickets plugin to make your job easier by providing a whole ticket selling platform. It will help you boost your ticket sales to take the figures through the roof.
By using the Sell tickets add-on, you get the following benefits:
- Get started in a matter of minutes. After setting the plugin up on your website, it takes you a few minutes to start selling tickets on your website.
- You can create multiple types of tickets that are available on your website for numerous events.
- You can set ticket details, including a ton of options.
- Multi-level pricing options.
- Set up a processing fee that you will charge the customer on top of every ticket or order purchase.
- Straightforward event management forms that help you register and manage the event’s tickets.
- Customizable templates that blend in smoothly with your theme and looks.
- Order management options that cancellation, editing prices, and orders and re-issuance of tickets.
- Runs on the WooCommerce, which supports many payment options, including PayPal, Stripe, Amazon Pay, and many others.
- Scheduling options are available to schedule when you want to sell tickets, and then when the sale should end.
- Inexpensive subscription fees that allow you to use the plugin lifetime starting as low as $46.
- It’s an optimized add-on that doesn’t disturb your website’s SEO or arrangement.
- It is regularly updated and supported by the developers.
Disadvantages of not using the Sell tickets add-on
The advantages of using the Sell tickets add-on by WP Event Manager are far from few, but if you don’t want to use it on your platform, you should know how your site will be affected by it.
- Firstly, Sell tickets ad-on fulfills your event management needs by providing you the correct plugin to sell tickers. Other plugins do not offer similar functionality, nor they make it so easy to sell tickets through them.
- To fulfill your ticket selling needs, you will have to use different manual methods that will require significant effort to operate.
- It would also make it complicated for the customer to interact with such a dated system that has a slow, inefficient process.
- You would also have to set up a manual payment process that would require you to have functionality through major banking vendors such as PayPal, Amazon Pay, and Square to make it easier for the customers.
- To take orders without the plugin, you will have to use standard forms with creating separate fields for separate options manually. This process needs a lot of time and effort to go through. Not to mention, the purchasers wouldn’t appreciate such methods.
- The security of another plugin could be compromised. Since the payments and contact details are sensitive pieces of information, you cannot afford to compromise on safety.
- The Sell tickets add-on provides analytics and keeping track of all the sales. To find another plugin or to create it will compromise on the features and make it challenging to implement.
Summing it up, the Sell tickets add-on is a plugin your events website must-have. It provides all the necessary features and functionality required to sell tickets for an event on your website.
The website admin has all the control of how the tickets are managed, sold, and displayed at the backend. There’s no coding required to set it up on your website. All the interfaces are simple and straightforward. You can set it up instantly.
The Sell tickets add-on makes the whole task of including an organizer and selling their tickets through your platform a simple task. Providing the necessary and widely used payment methods such as PayPal, Square, Amazon Pay, Stripe, and AliPay, this plugin helps the customers in paying for their orders, the organizers in gathering their prices, and you in getting your fees. The Sell tickets add-on does all of this without any hassle.
With regular updates and support, the dev team makes sure that you get the required functionality without errors. Simplistic design, optimal functionality, and low price make this plugin a must-have for your events website.
Let’s be honest for a second here; nobody likes a slow and unresponsive website. Nobody wants to open a website and then wait an additional few seconds just for the content to load up on a correctly working internet connection. A good website doesn’t have these issues. Slow speeds mean worse ranking in search engines. We present to you all the ways to Speed up WordPress in this blog.
A recent report revealed that WordPress powers over 35% of the websites. WordPress’s growth has been exponential over the past years because of the customizations and easiness it provides the users. The themes and plugins provided by WordPress and the contributors are unparalleled in quality and quantity. But for the average website developer, it can become a real hassle to manage all these things amidst making sure the website works correctly.
Reasons to Speed Up WordPress Website
In this guide, we will talk about how you can speed up your website to optimal loading times and keep it as unclogged as possible. A good site loads under 2 seconds on an optimal internet connection, but it can be even faster. Some sites load in the blink of an eye. They are the perfectly optimized websites with a minimum weight of plugins and themes.
1) Select The Best Hosting
The essential step in creating a website is buying a good quality hosting. You’ll find a lot of cheap options, but a little research goes a long way in ensuring the quality as well. Of course, the better options won’t be the most affordable, but in the long run, they’ll be worth it. Since we are talking about speed in general, you need to make sure you don’t compromise on it just because of cheap hosting.
The safest bet on this would be to get the dedicated WordPress hosting services listed by various service providers such as BlueHost, HostGator, and SiteGround. Getting a dedicated WP hosting ensures that your site is hosted on a server that’s optimized for WordPress websites. It saves you the additional effort of fixing up the technical settings of the host to get the most out of it.
2) Use Lighter And More Optimized Themes
Themes can either make or break a site. They are the visual appeal of a website as well as the means to the underlying functionality. While visuals are crucial, speed is more important. To make sure the speed isn’t affected, you need to use themes that are correctly managed, optimized, and not blotted at all. There are some themes out there that offer extra functionality. With additional functionality comes excessive weight that the theme has to carry, and the website has to load each time it is opened. All of this results in decreasing the loading time of the website.
For these reasons, you need to choose a theme that fits perfectly in the balance between visual appeal and functionality. It is often the best advice to select a minimalistic theme that has just what you need. All the rest can be added through plugins. Plugins like WP Event Manager ensure you get the perfect events functionality on your side without any compromising the responsiveness.
3) Use Efficient Plugins
One of the most beneficial features of WordPress is the vast number of plugins it offers in its marketplace. You can choose from thousands of plugins. You can find premium plugins as well as free ones. When getting a plugin, do check out the rating to make sure it’s a high-quality plugin that won’t instead hurt your site’s optimization.
Just like the theme, the plugin can also heavily affect the responsiveness of a website. Plugins are after all code elements that provide a lot of functionality. Just like themes, you should only select plugins that offer all you need but not more than it. Plugins often bloat your website with extra things that you might not require hence increasing the weight of the overall site.
The best plugins can easily be found by checking out the highest-rated ones in the marketplace. Make sure the rating is high, and the people who have rated are at least 20. A larger sample size ensures that it’s not randomly rated.
One of the best and most optimized plugins is the WP Event Manager. The WP Event Manager can convert your site into an online store, a forum, a blog, or any other requirement you might have. It allows you to manage any event efficiently. It doesn’t slow down the page or affect the SEO. It provides you with a complete set of events functionalities on the site. Your website remains lag-free, and the purpose is served.
4) Keep Your Content And Events Organized
Keeping everything organized is a habit that serves you well, both in the real and virtual world. While all other steps involved in the guide are technical, this is rather practical. Arranging and ordering the content, events, plugins, and the theme is a great developer’s habit that pays dividends in the long run. Good content alongside a well-managed technical setup can surprisingly affect the loading times of the website a significant amount.
While this may seem a somewhat simple step, you’d be amazed at how much people mess up here. The disorganized things can hurt the website in a lot of ways. It hurts the SEO as well as the responsiveness of the website.
5) Setting Up Monitoring
We recommend using monitoring software for the performance of a website. Monitoring software or a plugin is an application that can notify you whenever your site gets slow. There are often cases that the developer doesn’t even know that the website is slow. Only if you know, the problem exists then you can solve it. This step doesn’t speed up your WordPress website; it instead tells you when your site is slow so you can take appropriate action.
6) Keep The WordPress Website Updated
By far, the most important step after you’ve set up your site is maintaining and updating it regularly. There are a lot of things that require timely updates. These include:
- Web technologies (HTML, PHP, etc.)
All of these need regular updates whenever a new version comes out. There are some plugins like the WP Event Manager that have their update manager, which notifies you whenever there’s an update. It comes in handy and makes it easy to install.
7) Optimize Images tp Speed up WordPress
Images are often overlooked when it comes to uploading them to use on your website. Most people just put them on the page without thinking that there might be a need for better management. There are tags, descriptions, meta tags, and image size to consider. Images take much more space than just text and hence can cause more trouble for your website if not optimized.
Optimizing your images means to compress in a way that they don’t take up much space, but the quality isn’t marred is a god way to Speed up WordPress. This is performed using lossy image compression that compresses it without decreasing the visible quality. There is software out there that can do it for you optimizing it for the web correctly. These software and plugins include TinyPNG, ShortPixel, and WP Smush. You can also opt for premium image compression and optimization services that can do a much better job.
8) Page Caching
WordPress creates a dynamic HTML version of every page of your site every time somebody opens it. This results in slowing up the website as it takes a bit of extra time to capture a dynamic version by WordPress.
There’s an effortless solution to Speed up WordPress known as page caching. Page Caching is the process of capturing and storing HTML pages already before the user requests them. It created a dynamic version in advance at regular time intervals. This is one of the most useful ways to speed up WordPress website. Plugins like WP Super Cache and W3 Total Cache provide page caching services. It can help in hiding performance issues related to inferior quality hosting, bloated themes, and heavy plugins.
9) Enable GZip Compression
All of us are familiar with zipping files up to compress them using WinRAR or other such software. It helps in reducing the file size. We want to tell you that the same is possible with your website as well.
Since code is also text and text can be stored in files, you can compress the files and use them wherever they are required. This saves a significant amount of time, speed, and overall cost. Modern-day browsers are equipped with the functionality to interpret compressed files, which can speed up websites significantly.
The GZip compression is such a plugin that’s easy to implement and use. You can use a basic guide to apply it, and it’ll make your life easier. It will allow your WordPress Website to handle zip files. Feed the zip files to the database and leave the rest to the browser.
Having a webpage is no longer enough – Time to Pay attention to Website Maintenance
With the advancement of technologies and the digitization of business, we have to keep our websites in good condition, optimize them and move them forward as we grow as a business. Your website must be one of the key points of your online strategy, especially if it is a corporate page. After all, everything goes from how you present yourself and your business digitally. This presentation you want to be clean, clear and attractive. That has no errors or any door that leads nowhere. For that, it is important to have good website maintenance.
Web maintenance is a factor as important as the design or the creation of a website itself. And it allows your online page to achieve the objectives for which you originally created it. In short, web maintenance is the process that takes care of and maintains your website in good condition. Surely you would like everyone who visited your website to get a good impression. But surely you have also found yourself, as an Internet user, with many websites with broken links or pages that did not work.
Tasks of a good website maintenance
- Planning your virtual space
- Correct application operation
- Periodic Content Management
- Application and content update
- Graphic design of banners
- SEO Positioning
- Trencats link repair
- Fix miscellaneous errors
The website is the visible face of a company on the internet. More and more buyers prefer to use this route to buy a product or service.
In that sense, Guru, an expert company in the digitalization of SMEs, provides 5 keys to have an optimal, successful and effective website.
- Domain name: It is very important because it gives identity to the website. It must be easy to remember and be related to the business or brand. This will help improve search engine positioning.
- Content quality and site design: It is essential that the information is clear and organized so that the user can get what they are looking for: easy and fast. There must be a visual hierarchy between the content to promote clarity, understanding, and interaction. Currently, images, videos, contact forms (leads), geo-referencing tools and access to different social networks are usually used as basic elements.
- Constant update: It is important to have updated content (regarding your company, products, services, and news) that meets the needs of users who visit your website, strengthen your credibility and motivate your contact.
- Adaptation to mobile formats: When making a web page or updating the existing one, it is necessary to prioritize the mobile optimization of all sections, so that users can view the page without losing quality and functionality from any device.
- Organic positioning in search engines: This is achieved with the permanent optimization of the programming of the page so that it is positioned in the first search engine results and acquire more customers.
- Update plugins: One of the most basic tasks for maintaining a WordPress website is the update of the plugins. These are requiring updates from time to time that you must be doing so that they are not obsolete. Therefore, you should always have all the plugins of your website up to date to avoid possible falls, incompatibilities, and even for the security of the website.
- Template update: Very related to the previous point is the update of the template that you use on your website. Our advice is that you always have the latest version to be protected from possible threats and also to have its most recent features.
- Cache memory: Another task for the correct maintenance of a web in WordPress is the management of the cache memory. The cache is a type of quick access memory that is stored in a folder of your server so that, when the web is loaded, the user will see the web stored in that memory. Its objective is to improve the loading speed of WordPress and reduce the consumption of resources made by a website when loading.
- Database: Another task for maintaining a WordPress website is the cleaning and optimization of your database. With the passage of time, as a website grows, the database automatically stores all types of information and grows larger.
For example, when you review and update a post that you had already published, WordPress stores each of the reviews in the web database. So, if you have reviewed, for example, a post three times, in the database there will be three different versions of it (and you have two leftovers). Therefore, you must clean the database from time to time (once a week, for example).
- 10 Redirects: Directly related to 404 errors are redirected, especially if a website already has time and you have modified old posts, pages or products. If that is your case, you must be very careful so that the modified URLs redirect correctly to the new ones.
So, If you do not have a web analytics system included in your site, it is time for you to integrate it.
I use Google Analytics to know what behavior users have on my website and what contents are the most successful, in this way I perform analytics to increase the following point:
- Check your income
If you have a blog, you are still interested in monetizing it and getting a bonus (even if it is small) through advertising, referrals or other systems. It is important to see where the market is moving and adapt in time, which is why we recommend you review your income, see if they increase or decrease and adapt your strategy to maximize them whenever possible.
- Take care of spam
Although many times we have read that if spam comes to your blog is that something you are doing wrong, the reality is that any blog can get those unwanted comments. You can protect your blog in many ways, although we recommend you either through captchas or with anti-spam filters.
- Check your means of publication
If you have a blog and you only have as a means of publishing your web page, something you are doing wrong. We live in a world of social networks, email, RSS. Check that your content syndication (RSS) works correctly periodically and that the feeds of your social networks publish it correctly. It is not the same to go out into the world only from a web page than to do it from 4 social networks and email. Check that they always work correctly.
- Maintenance Frequency
We cannot tell you how often you should perform these actions, but it will depend on the use you make of your blog, how much you publish and modify the site.
- Check your plugins
Were you new to WordPress, have you changed your template recently and installed a thousand different plugins to add different things to your website? Surely many of them are completely unnecessary and can be deactivated or, better yet, removed from your site.
We suggest that you do not keep more than 10-15 active plugins in your WordPress, as we said in the previous point, the plugins are not always well programmed and can hinder your site.
- Optimize your images
It is very good and it is highly recommended to include images in the entries to energize the content (let’s not forget that an image is worth a thousand words), but do not forget that normal screens have a maximum resolution of 1920 × 1080 pixels, it is not necessary Upload photos taken with your SLR camera; those that are 5000 pixels wide by not knowing how many high.
Think about your template, calculate the resolution that best suits it and enter the images in relation to your conclusions.