The Attendee Information plugin is used to collect the details of your attendees for each and every event submitted on your website.
- It gives users the option to select specific event fields for the specific events that attendees need to fill in when they register for an event.
- Users can also choose if they want to collect information about each buyer or each attendee.
- To work with the Attendee Information plugin, you need to install the Registration and Sell Ticket Add-ons as well.
To know how both the plugin works click on the below mentioned links:
Installing the plugin
The installation process is the same for all the addons, offered by WP Event Manager. They can be both installed automatically and manually.
- Automatic Installation : You can install the plugin from the backend of your WordPress. Click Here to see how you can install the plugin automatically.
- Manual Installation : You can install the plugin from the backend of your WordPress. Click Here to see how you can install the plugin manually.
Complete Video Guide On Attendee Information Add On
Attendee information fields in the Frontend Event Submission Form
After installing and activating the Attendee Information plugin, you will come across two fields named “Attendee Information to collect” and “Attendee Information Collection Type” on the event submission form.
- Attendee Information to collect: select fields based on the information you want to collect from your attendees.
- Attendee Information Collection Type: There are mainly two types of attendee information you can collect:
- Buyer Only – selecting this type of information lets you collect the details of the buyer on the checkout page, regardless of the number of tickets he purchases.
- Each Attendee – selecting this type of information lets you collect the details of each attendee on the checkout page.
Organizers are the ones who decide about the information that has to be collected from the attendees during the registration process.
Such attendee information fields can be selected at the Registration form settings.
Follow the below mentioned settings to add your selection:
(WP-admin >> Event Registrations >> Registration Form >> Form Fields).
Shortcode for attendee details
A user needs to use the following shortcode to access the attendee details of a specific event:
Attendee Information Settings
To access the settings section of the Attendee Information addon, here are the steps you need to take:
- Go to wp-admin>>Events Registration>> Settings.
- Choose the Attendee Information tab.
- Here, you will get the Show Attendee option to show or hide the attendee information on a single event page.
- Attendee per page: Here you can mention the total number of attendees that you want to display in a single page. By default it remains 10.
If you enable the option to show attendees, you can easily access the list of the attendees who have registered for a specific event along with their details in the attendee information section of the event details page.
Attendee Information Fields on the Backend Event Submission Form
WP Event Manager allows you to make changes in the details that have to be collected from your attendees even when the event is live on your website.
You, as an admin can also change the attendee information fields at any time from the theme backend by following the below mentioned steps:
WP-admin >> Event Manager >> All Events >> Edit.
Registration Fields on the Checkout Page
Once an attendee proceeds to the check out page, he or she is redirected to a page in which he or she has to fill in the registration details.
If the organizer has the Each Attendee option in the Attendee Information Type section while submitting the event, then a buyer needs to fill up all the details of the attendees for who he or she wants to purchase tickets.
Advanced: Overriding/Customizing the templates
For overriding or customization, template files can be found in the wp-event-manager-attendee-information/templates/ directory. To override a template file, follow the below mentioned steps.
- First you need to create directory “wp-event-manager-registrations” under your theme folder.
- Copy the template file to “/wp-content/yourtheme/wp-event-manager-registrations/” directory.
- Your theme will use all the template files from the “/wp-content/yourtheme/wp-event-manager-registrations/” directory instead of the plugin’s template file (/wp-content/plugins/wp-event-manager-registrations/).