The Google reCAPTCHA plugin is used to protect your site from hackers. It filters out spam entry during the event submission and registration process through codes.
Installing The Plugin
The installation process is the same for all the addons, offered by WP Event Manager. They can be both installed automatically and manually.
- Automatic Installation: You can install the plugin from the backend of your WordPress. Click Here to see how you can install the plugin automatically.
- Manual Installation: You can also install the plugin manually using SFTP or FTP tools. Click Here to see how you can install the plugin automatically.
Watch the entire video for better understanding
Registration for getting reCAPTCHA keys
In order to get Google reCaptcha on the Event submission form, you need to,
- Register on reCAPTCHA website to get reCAPTCHA keys.
- Enter the required details of your website.
- After the submission, you will get a reCaptcha site key and a secret key.
- Copy these keys.
- Go to the theme backend at WP-admin >> Event Manager >> Settings >> Google Recaptcha.
- Paste the keys in respective boxes.
- Save changes.
Now, you will get the reCAPTCHA code on the event submission form as you can see in below-mentioned screenshot:
If any user does not insert the reCAPTCHA code, then it will ask for verifying the reCAPTCHA with the following message:
Customization: Overriding/Customizing The Template Files
For overriding or customization, template files can be found in the wp-event-manager-google-recaptcha/templates/ directory.
To override a template file, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Create the directory “wp-event-manager-google-recaptcha” under your theme folder.
- Copy the template file to “/wp-content/yourtheme/wp-event-manager-google-recaptcha/” directory.
- Your theme will use all the template files from the “/wp-content/yourtheme/wp-event-manager-google-recaptcha/” directory instead of the plugin’s template file. (/wp-content/plugins/wp-event-manager-google-recaptcha/).
- event-google-recaptcha.php template file lists the user’s alerts.
Remember: if you have overridden template file and plugin frequently updating then you need to sync template file with new updates from the plugin’s template file for better functionality and new features.