The Guest List addon is designed to help you manage your guests efficiently by categorizing them into different lists.
Installing the addon:
The installation process is the same for all the addons, offered by WP Event Manager. They can be both installed automatically and manually.
- Automatic Installation: You can install the plugin from the backend of your WordPress. Click Here to see how you can install the plugin automatically.
- Manual Installation: You can also install the plugin manually using SFTP or FTP tools. Click Here to see how you can install the plugin manually.
The flow in which the addon is used
You need to follow the below mentioned order to use the addon:
Creating a Group >> Adding Members to the Group (Creating guest list) >> publishing them.
This process is applicable for both backend and frontend.
Creating a group from the backend:
Dividing guests into groups makes it easier to manage the guests. For example you can make groups for sponsors, family members, friends or special guests.
In order to create a new group, go through the following steps,
- Go to Admin >> Guests >> Add Group.
- You will be directed to a form where you need to fill in the details of the group you want to create. Such details include Group Name, Description, Event Name and the information to be collected from the guests.
- Click on Add Group.
- You can now see all the groups that are created at the backend through Admin >> Guests >> All Group.
The fields to be collected in the “Fields for guest information” can be altered through, Admin >> Guests >> Form Editor.
Adding a Guest List from the Backend:
In order to create a new guest list, go through the following settings,
- Go to WP- Admin >> Guests >> Add Guest.
- You will be directed to a form where you need to fill in the details of the guest list you want to create. Such details include Title, Description, Event Name and other details.
- Don’t forget to link the guest to the Group previously created by filling up the details in the Guest List Group section.
- Publish the guests.
You can check the list of guests through Admin >> Guest >> All guests section.
After adding the guest list to a group, the list can also be viewed from, Admin >> Guests >> All group, and and click on the guests of that particular group.
It will redirect you to the dashboard with the list of names of all the guests of that group.
How to edit and remove Guests from the Backend?
In order to edit or remove the guest from the Frontend, here are the steps you need to take,
- Please go to wp-admin >> All Guests.
- Here, you will get the list of all the guests and if you place your cursor at any guest name you will get three options: Edit, Quick Edit and Trash. You can click on the options as per your requirement.
How to Check-In or check-out Guests from the backend
In order to help guests check-in or check-out from the backend, A button appears on Admin >> Guests >> All Guests section beside each guest name.
The admin can use the button to help the guest check-in or check-out.
How to customize the details to be asked from the Guests (Form Fields)?
Admins have the right to choose which information they want their guests to add while filling the guest form.
Here are the steps that need to be taken for that:
- Go to WP-Admin >> Guests >> Form Editor.
- Here you can add the form fields along with validation details that need to be collected from the guests.
- These fields can now be seen while adding guests to the Add guest section.
Notification settings at Admin panel
- Organizer Notification
- Guest Notification
When a Guest registers for an event, the organizer receives an email notification.
The email template for the organizer notification can be customized from here: Admin >> Guests >> Form Editor >> Organizer notification.
When a Guest registers for an event, the Guest receives an email notification.
The email template for the Guest notification can be customized from here: Admin >> Guests >> Form Editor >> Guest notification.
How to Create a Group from the Frontend?
In order to create Group from the frontend, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Event Dashboard.
- Click on the “Guest List” option. You need to choose the Groups option from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the Plus sign that is present at the right side of the guest dashboard. You can also click on the Add group option to create a new guest group.
- Fill in the details as mentioned there, such as group name, group description, associated event, Fields to be collected from guests and more.
- Save group.
- Go to the Event dashboard.
- On this page you can get the entire list of events which are added. Beside each event you will find a few action buttons and you need to click on the Three line icon present beside the event title. Click on the icon.
- Here you will get the Group number and clicking on this number you can get the details of the associated group.
- Go to the Event Dashboard.
- Click on the Guest List option present at the left side of the page.
- You can click on the Add Guest option from the drop down or you can click on the Guests option to access the details of previously added guestlist. Here you will get a plugin sign + which you can click on to add a new guest from the list.
- Fill in the required details in the Add Guest Section including the Select event name, select group name and other form fields.
- Click on Save guest.
- Go to the event dashboard.
- Click on the Guest List option.
- Then select the Guests option from the dropdown to access the group dashboard.
- Here you can now edit or remove the group from the actions section.
- If you want to edit the guest list, you can simply place your cursor on the specific guest and click on the Edit icon from the actions section and make your desired changes.The same has to be done in case of removing a guest you just need to click on the delete option.
- After that, the guests can be edited or removed from the actions section of this page.
- Go to the event dashboard and click on the Guest List option.
- Click on the Groups option.
- You will be redirected to a dashboard that displays the groups created previously.
- Click on the Guest number.
- A check-in button appears right beside the name of each guest. The organizer can check-in his guests by clicking on it.
Your group is now created. You can check this in the All group section.
The groups associated with an event can also be witnessed in the event dashboard.
How to create a Guest List from the Frontend?
In order to create a Guestlist from the frontend, follow the below-mentioned steps:
Your Guestlist will be created.
How to edit and remove Guests From Frontend
In order to edit or remove the guest from the Frontend,
Checking guests in and out
In order to check-in- checkout the guests from the frontend, here are the steps you need to take: