How can we help?
This Google Analytics plugin enables you to track your site using the latest tracking code and allows you to view key Google Analytics reports at your account
Listing owners can set up a new Google Analytics profile by visiting http://analytics.google.com. A profile ID will look something like UA-XXXXXXXX-XX.
Complete Video Guide On Google Analytics Add On
You can install this plugin using 2 different ways:
- Automatic Installation: You can install a plugin from the backend of your WordPress. Click Here to see how you can do the automatic installation.
- Manual Installation: You can install the plugin manually using SFTP or FTP tool as well. Click Here to see how you can do a manual installation.
Watch this video for more clarification.
How to get your Google Analytics Tracking Code
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info >> Tracking Code.
- Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
- copy this tracking code
Add Google Analytics Code at the backend
- Go to Admin >> Event manager >> settings >> Google analytics.
- Paste the code copied from the analytics site.
After adding google analytics tracking code at the admin side, this tracking code will insert at footer of the every page of your site.
Now you can see your track report at your google accounts.
Advanced: Overriding/Customizing the templates
For overriding or customization, template files can be found in the wp-event-manager-google-analytics/templates/ directory.
To override a template file,
- Create directory “wp-event-manager-google-analytics” under your theme folder.
- copy the template file to “/wp-content/yourtheme/wp-event-manager-google-analytics/” directory.
- Your theme will use all the template files from the “/wp-content/yourtheme/wp-event-manager-google-analytics/” directory instead of the plugin’s template file (/wp-content/plugins/wp-event-manager-google-analytics/).
- event-google-analytics.php template file lists the user’s alerts.
Remember: If you have overridden template file and plugin frequently updating then you need to sync template file with new updates from the plugin’s template file for better functionality and new features.