This Google Analytics plugin enables you to track your site performance with the latest tracking code and also allows you to view the key Google Analytics reports through your account.
Event Listing owners can set up a new Google Analytics profile by visiting http://analytics.google.com. A profile ID will look something like UA-XXXXXXXX-XX.
Complete Video Guide On Google Analytics Add On
Installing The Plugin
The installation process is the same for all the addons, offered by WP Event Manager. They can be both installed automatically and manually.
- Automatic Installation: You can install the plugin from the backend of your WordPress. Click Here to see how you can install the plugin automatically.
- Manual Installation: You can also install the plugin manually using SFTP or FTP tools. Click Here to see how you can install the plugin manually.
Watch entire video for better understanding.
How to get your Google Analytics Tracking Code
To obtain your Google Analytics Tracking code, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- If you do not have an account, you can easily create one in a few minutes.
- After signing in, click on the Set-up for free option or if you already have an account then you have to click on the Settings icon and select Admin.
- You will be redirected to the Account set-up page where you need to click on the Create account button and fill in the following details.
- Create account: You can add your website name here under the account details section.
- Then scroll down to the page and leave every option checked here.
- Then click on the Next button, present at the bottom of the page.
- Property name: You can again add your website name as the property name.
- Reporting time zone: select your preferred time zone here.
- Currency: select your preferred currency type.
- Then click on the Show advanced options here.
- A box will open in which you need to enable the “Create a Universal Analytics Property” option.
- Add your website url in the Website URL section.
- Select the “ Create a universal analytics property only” option here.
- Click on Next.
- Choose your Business Category from the dropdown that best suits your niche.
- Select the size of your business.
- Click Create.
Note: sometimes, you may get a message displaying the Google Analytics terms of agreement message. You just need to click on the I accept button here.
Add The Google Analytics Code at the backend
To add the Google Analytics Code at the backend, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to Admin >> Event manager >> settings >> Google analytics.
- Paste the code copied from the analytics site.
After adding the google analytics tracking code at the admin side, this tracking code will be inserted at the footer of every page of your site.
Now you can see your track report through your google accounts.
Advanced: Overriding/Customizing the templates
For overriding or customization, template files can be found in the wp-event-manager-google-analytics/templates/ directory.
To override a template file, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Create a directory “wp-event-manager-google-analytics” under your theme folder.
- copy the template file to “/wp-content/yourtheme/wp-event-manager-google-analytics/” directory.
- Your theme will use all the template files from the “/wp-content/yourtheme/wp-event-manager-google-analytics/” directory instead of the plugin’s template file (/wp-content/plugins/wp-event-manager-google-analytics/).
- event-google-analytics.php template file lists the user’s alerts.
Remember: If you have overridden template file and plugin frequently updating then you need to sync template file with new updates from the plugin’s template file for better functionality and new features.
- Select the “Measure data across multiple devices or platforms” options in the “How do you intend to use Google analytics with your business” section.