How can we help?
The WP Event Manager’s Export Events plugin allows you to export all event data and generate CSV files.
You can install Export Events plugin using 2 different ways:
- Automatic Installation: You can install a Export Events plugin from the backend of your WordPress. Click Here to see how you can do the automatic installation.
- Manual Installation: You can install the Export Events plugin manually using SFTP or FTP tool as well. Click Here to see how you can do a manual installation.
How To Export Events Data From BACKEND?
An Admin can export the events data from backend and frontend as well, whereas the organizer can export the event data only from the frontend.
In order to export the events data from BACKEND,
- Go to WP-admin >> Event Listings >> Settings >> Export
- Here, select the options including the type of file to be downloaded.
- Download CSV with meta key and value: Select this option if you want to export all the custom fields/values / data of events.
- Download CSV with custom fields: Select this option if you want to export only limited custom fields / values / data of events.
How To Export Events Data From FRONTEND?
The organizers can export the event data from the frontend dashboard of the website.
- Go to Event Dashboard on the frontend.
- There is a link of “Download Events CSV File“ on the top section of the webpage.
- Clicking on that link will show you two options:
- Download CSV Default: Select this option if you want to export all the custom fields/values / data of events.
- Download CSV Custom:Select this option if you want to export only limited custom fields/values / data of events.
Advanced: Overriding/Customizing the templates
For overriding or customization, template files can be found in the wp-event-manager-export/templates/ directory.
To override a template file,
- Create directory “wp-event-manager-export” under your theme folder
- Copy the template file to “/wp-content/yourtheme/wp-event-manager-export/” directory.
- Your theme will use all the template files from the “/wp-content/yourtheme/wp-event-manager-export/” directory instead of the plugin’s template file (/wp-content/plugins/wp-event-manager-export/).
- event-export.php template file lists the user’s export.
Remember: If you have overridden template file and plugin frequently updating then you need to sync template file with new updates from the plugin’s template file for better functionality and new features.