The WP Event Manager’s Export Events plugin allows you to export all the event data through CSV files.
Installing The Plugin
The installation process is the same for all the addons, offered by WP Event Manager. They can be both installed automatically and manually.
- Automatic Installation: You can install the plugin from the backend of your WordPress. Click Here to see how you can install the plugin automatically.
- Manual Installation: You can also install the plugin manually using SFTP or FTP tools. Click Here to see how you can install the plugin manually.
Watch the entire video for better understanding
How To Export Event Data From the Backend?
An Admin has the right to export the events data from the backend as well as the frontend awhereas the organizer can export the event data only from the frontend.
In order to export the events data from BACKEND,you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to WP-admin >> Event Manager >> Settings >> Export.
- Here, select the options including the type of file to be downloaded.
- Download CSV with meta key and value: Select this option if you want to export all the custom fields/values / data of your events.
- Download CSV with custom fields: Select this option if you want to export only a limited number of custom fields / values / data of events.
How To Export Events Data From the Frontend?
The organizers can export the event data from the frontend dashboard of the website.
Here are the steps you need to take:
- Go to Event Dashboard on the frontend.
- There is a link to “Download Events CSV File“ on the top section of the webpage.
- Clicking on that link will show you two options:
- Download CSV Default: Select this option if you want to export all the custom fields/values / data of events.
- Download CSV Custom:Select this option if you want to export only limited custom fields/values / data of your events.
Advanced: Overriding/Customizing the templates
For overriding or customization, template files can be found in the wp-event-manager-export/templates/ directory.
To override a template file, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Create directory “wp-event-manager-export” under your theme folder.
- Copy the template file to “/wp-content/yourtheme/wp-event-manager-export/” directory.
- Your theme will use all the template files from the “/wp-content/yourtheme/wp-event-manager-export/” directory instead of the plugin’s template file (/wp-content/plugins/wp-event-manager-export/).
- event-export.php template file lists the user’s export.
Remember: If you have overridden template file and plugin frequently updating then you need to sync template file with new updates from the plugin’s template file for better functionality and new features.