Using the Event Tags plugin, you can add a new ‘event tags’ field to the submit process, show events filtered by tag via a shortcode, and add tag filtering to the standard events shortcode.
- Automatic Installation : You can install plugin from backend of your WordPress. Click Here to see how you can do automatic installation.
- Manual Installation : You can install plugin manually using SFTP or FTP tool as well. Click Here to see how you can do manual installation.
Watch this video for more clarification.
How To Add Event Tags?
Once you installed and activated the Event Tags plugin on your site, you as an admin can add Event Tags from two places on your site.
- From frontend event submission form
- From backend event submission form
Organizer can add Event Tags from the frontend event submission form only. This is how(as you can see in below image) you will get “Event Tags(optional)” field on FRONTEND event submission form. Use a comma to separate the event tags.
This is how(as you can see in below image) you will get Event Tags field on BACKEND event submission form at sidebar area of the page.
Filter By Tags
Filtration will be available on event listing page. Visitors can filter the events by tags as you can see in the below screenshot:
How To Create a Static Page & Enable/Disable Filter By Tags?
- Go to WP-admin >> Pages >> Add New
- Name it something along the lines of “Event Tag”
- Inside the content area add this shortcode to disable filter by tags option:
- To make it enable, just change from “false” to “true” for “show_tags” in shortcode
Advanced: Overriding/Customizing the templates
For overriding or customization, template files can be found in the wp-event-manager-event-tag/templates/ directory. To override a template file,
- Create directory “wp-event-manager-event-tag” under your theme folder
- Copy the template file to “/wp-content/yourtheme/wp-event-manager-event-tag/” directory.
- Your theme will use all the template files from the “/wp-content/yourtheme/wp-event-manager-event-tag/” directory instead of the plugin’s template file (/wp-content/plugins/wp-event-manager-event-tag/).
- event-event-tag.php template file lists the user’s tag.
- wp-event-manager-event-tags-forms.php template file which controls the tag form display on events page.
Remember: If you have overridden template file and plugin frequently updating then you need to sync template file with new updates from the plugin’s template file for better functionality and new features.