How can we help?
Event Detail Page
The Event detail page carries various details of a particular event. These details include the event title, event type, event location, event start date & time, event end date & time, event description, etc. besides this, you can also get the details of organizers and event venues from the page.
The following screenshot shows how the event detail page appears on the webpage:
A visitor can access the following details of an event on the single page template:
- Event Title.
- Event Type.
- Event Location, linked to a google map.
- Event Posted Date.
- Event Description.
- Organizer information (title, tagline, logo, website link and other social media network urls)
- Social Sharing Button.
If you face any problem with your event detail page, or you want to add and remove information from your theme, you need to go through the below-mentioned steps:
- Create a new template file at the theme side (../wp-content/themes/yourtheme/single-event_listing.php).
- Name the single-event_listing.php based on single.php
- You can make a new template file as copy from single.php file and rename it with name single-event_listing.php.
- Now edit this file and add more information as required.
/* * event detail pages use your themes single.php template and expand the content area to include other information. * * Template Name: Your File Name Template * @theme Name: Your Theme Name */ get_header(); <section> <div class="wpem-main"> <div class="wpem-row"> <!-- Start the Loop --> <?php while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?> <?php the_content(); ?> <?php endwhile; ?> <!-- End the Loop --> </div> </div> </section> get_footer();