A stylish event calendar that shows you all the events going to be held on a particular date.
You can install the Event Calendar plugin using 2 different ways:
- Automatic Installation : You can install plugin from backend of your WordPress. Click Here to see how you can do automatic installation.
- Manual Installation : You can install plugin manually using SFTP or FTP tool as well. Click Here to see how you can do manual installation.
Complete Video Guide On Event Calendar Add On
Events Calendar on Event Listing Page
Once Plugin installed and activated,
- Event Calendar icon will appear on the Event listing page as showing in this below screenshot. Clicking on that icon will show you event calendar with all the available events on the website.
The Shortcode for Event Calendar
For displaying the Events Calendar on a specific page, you need to add events calendar shortcode into the description area of the page.
- Create a new page from WP-admin >> Pages >> Add New.
- Name it something along the lines of “Event Calendar”.
- Add the shortcode inside the content area:
- In order to sort the events by category or types, enter the following code.
Note : It is best to insert the shortcode into the ‘Text’ view of the visual editor to ensure it gets formatted correctly.
Frontend Events Calendar Layout
The calendar with the indication and information of any events on your website on specific dates is awesome. The screenshots here show how the event calendar will look on the front end of your website.
- It shows tooltip box with the Event name, Image, Description, start and end date on the event title you hovered.
Event Calendar Widget
In order to add the widget of calendar,
- Login to admin panel
- Follow, WP-admin >> Appearance >> Widgets
- A widget called the Event Calendar appears in the widgets’ list.
- Drag this widget and drop it to the required widget area and show the event calendar at the required location(For ex: sidebar area of your website).
Advanced: Overriding/Customizing the templates
For overriding or customization template files can be found in the “/wp-event-manager-calendar/templates/” directory.
To override a template file,
- Create directory “wp-event-manager-calendar” under your theme folder
- Copy the template file to “/wp-content/yourtheme/wp-event-manager-calendar/” directory.
- Your theme will use all the template files from the “/wp-content/yourtheme/wp-event-manager-calendar/” directory instead of the plugin’s template file (/wp-content/plugins/wp-event-manager-calendar/).
- Event-calendar.php template file now lists the user’s calendar.
Note: If you have override template file and plugin frequently updating then you need to sync template file with new updates from the plugin’s template file for better functionality and new features.