Selling event tickets is probably the most challenging part of event management. Event organizers spend sleepless nights planning for successful events but convincing people to spend on your event is something that requires both human touch and software intervention. Keeping all the event ticket selling requirements in mind, the Sell Tickets plugin of WP Event Manager is designed.
The plugin offers a comprehensive solution to the event managers who have a WordPress events website. It converts a WordPress website into a full-fledged ticket selling platform where website owners can sell their own event tickets WooCommerce and also let other event organizers sell event tickets with WooCommerce with ease.
Besides having a plethora of exceptional features the Sell Tickets plugin is backed by WooCommerce which is one of the most secured payment options for every eCommerce business owner.
In this article, you will learn about how the Sell Tickets plugin works with WooCommerce.
Sell Tickets with WooCommerce
The Sell Tickets plugin and WooCommerce both have powerful features and the combined strength of these two plugins create a perfect event ticket selling website. You can easily take advantage of the Sell tickets plugin if you have a WordPress events website.
To know more about WooCommerce and why it can be the best choice for your events website, you can read our previous blog on A Complete Guide to WooCommerce.
Facts about the WooCommerce based Sell Tickets plugin
- With the WooCommerce integration of Sell Tickets plugin, you get more than 100 ironclad payment gateways that make it convenient for your customers to pay through their preferred payment option for your WooCommerce event tickets.
- In the Sell Tickets plugin, event tickets are sold as WooCommerce products. We will describe the process in one of our upcoming segments in this article.
How to start working with the WooCommerce based Sell Tickets addon?
To sell tickets with WooCommerce, you need the WooCommerce based Sell Tickets addon and to work with the plugin, you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
Step 1. At first, you need to install WP Event Manager as it is the core plugin. WP Event Manager is a free plugin and you can easily install it if you have a WordPress website.
Step 2. After installing the WP Event Manager plugin, you need to purchase the Sell Tickets addon to sell tickets on WordPress site.
The Sell Tickets addon can be purchased separately or in a bundle with other plugins as well. Here it is to be mentioned that purchasing it in a plugin is a more affordable option than purchasing it separately. You can get a detailed idea about the plugin pricing structure on the Pricing page.
Step 3. At this step, you need to install the plugin. All the premium plugins offered by WP Event Manager can be installed both manually and automatically. The process is super easy even a person with non technical background can install it with ease.
Once you install the plugin, you are ready to work with it. It is recommended for you to purchase the Registration addon along with the Sell Tickets addon to manage both the registration and ticket sales at the same place with convenience.
Facts about the Sell Tickets plugin:
- The Sell Tickets addon allows users to sell three different types of tickets: Paid, Donation and free tickets. You can display your preferred type of tickets on your website. To know the entire process of displaying such types of tickets, you need to read our detailed documentation on the Sell Tickets plugin.
- As mentioned above the Sell Tickets addon not only lets you display and sell your own event tickets but also allows you to sell other organizers’ tickets through your website. In that case you can charge them a certain amount or a percentage of ticket price based on your convenience. This amount is known as ticket fees.
- Starting from accepting ticket payments to managing ticket fees all types of transactions are done through WooCommerce.
How to add tickets to WooCommerce product Page?
With the Sell Tickets addon, users can add tickets to WooCommerce product page as WooCommerce products.
Follow the below mentioned steps to do that:
- Log in to the Admin panel.
- Go to WP-Admin >> Products >> Add New.
- Fill in the ticket details, including product name(ticket name), description.
- Under the Product data, select event tickets.
- Fill in the required details regarding the ticket including the Price, sale price, linking to the event for which this ticket is created, select the ticket type as a paid or free or donation ticket, Sale start, and end date, should be paid by attendee or organizer, etc.
- After filling up the details, publish the ticket.
To charge organizers based on the tickets sold on your website and accept payments through WooCommerce, here are the steps you need to take:
- Go to WP- admin >> Woocommerce >> Settings >> Ticket Fees.
- One can set the fees based on the default fee setting or country based fees.
Default fee settings include the following areas:
- Default fee.
- Default fee label.
- Maximum fee.
- Default fee mode.
- Fee type.
On the other hand the country based fee setting include the following:
- Country code.
- Fee mode.
- Maximum fee.
- Fee Label.
- Fee Type.
It is to be noted that if the country based fee setting section is kept empty then the default fee setting will be applied.
To know all the steps of working with the Sell Tickets addon, you can read our sell tickets knowledgebase section. Besides this, you can also go through our previous blog on how to sell event tickets with WooCommerce to the benefits and other related things about using WooCommerce for your ticket sales.
The Sell Tickets addon of WP Event Manager is designed with extraordinary features and the strength of WooCommerce integration simply gives an extra edge to the plugin. If you manage your events business online and have not yet tried the Sell Tickets addon yet, go for it to experience the difference.
Frequently asked questions
1. Can you sell tickets with WooCommerce?
If you have a WordPress website, then it is easy for you to sell tickets with WooCommerce using a WooCommerce based plugin like Sell Tickets. It instantly turns your simple WordPress website into a full fledged event ticketing website.
2. How do I sell tickets on WooCommerce?
Follow the below mentioned steps to sell tickets on WoOCommerce:
- Install WP Event Manager.
- Purchase the Sell Tickets addon.
- Install Sell Tickets plugin and start selling your event tickets as WooCommerce products.
3. How do I sell tickets to an event with WordPress?
To sell your event tickets on your WordPress site you will need a WordPress ticket selling plugin like Sell Tickets. All you need to do is install WP Event Manager, purchase the Sell Tickets addon, install it and you are ready to go.