When it comes to cyberspace, a book is always judged by its cover. Your website speaks a lot about your business and that’s why it needs to have a pleasing appearance. Research says visitors take less than 50 milliseconds to decide if they want to stay on your website or switch.
WordPress themes play a great role here, especially if you are not a professional website designer. WordPress events and conference websites need WordPress themes where various event related things can be added including an event calendar, booking or ticketing facility, registration and more.
In this article we have shared 15 best WordPress themes for events and conference websites so that you can choose the one that perfectly suits your WordPress events website.
Before diving into various WordPress themes for events and conferences, let us find out how to build a WordPress website for events or conferences.
How to build a WordPress event website for events and conferences?
WordPress needs no introduction as it is one of the most powerful website building platforms on earth. So if you are planning to build your WordPress events website, then WordPress could be the best pick for you as it has a huge list of addons that let you add an event calendar, sell tickets, manage registrations and do more.
Here it is to be mentioned that WordPress.org and WordPress.com are two different things. WordPress.org is a website building platform that is open-source and absolutely free. On the other hand, WordPress.com is a hosting service that is mostly suitable for bloggers.
- When it comes to an events website, self hosted WordPress.org is required. It opens up the door of many powerful WordPress features for you.
- WordPress.org is free but to create a WordPress website for your events and conferences, you will need to pay for your domain name.
- Besides this, a reliable web host like Kinsta is also needed. All the details of your events and conference website will be stored in the hosting server that you can access anytime.
- Once you choose and buy hosting for your events or conference website, you need to install WordPress.
- When your WordPress website is ready, you can go for a suitable WordPress theme for it.
Consider the following points before selecting a WordPress theme for your events or conference website.
How to find a WordPress theme for your events or conference website?
As mentioned above, WordPress themes play a major role in attracting visitors to your website. When you search for a suitable theme for your WordPress events or conference website, you will come across a huge number of WordPress themes that may confuse you. To narrow down the options and make your decision easy, we have mentioned some of the features that a good WordPress theme for events or conference websites should carry.
- Map integration: Try to look for WordPress themes that have a built-in map that makes it easy for your attendees to identify your event location easily.
- Drag and Drop event builder: It simplifies the process of creating events websites for you as you can place the elements easily by dragging and dropping them at your chosen spaces.
- Ticketing system: A strong ticketing system is crucial for every events website as your events success highly depends on the number of tickets you sell. So make sure the theme you select allows you to sell tickets easily.
- Forms integration: Make sure your WordPress theme smoothly integrates with form builders so that you can add event registration and other forms to your WordPress events website.
- Mobile friendly: You must ensure that the wordpress theme you choose works well with mobile devices.
- Responsive layout: Pick a WordPress theme that comes with responsive layouts which signifies that your website fits in all types and sizes of screen and also looks good on every device.
Best WordPress themes for events and conference website
Based on the above mentioned list, we have filtered and handpicked some of the best WordPress themes for events and conference websites. Find them out in the following:
1. Events Listing by WP Event Manager
WP Event Manager is an event management plugin for WordPress sites that offers various event listing themes. It carries several powerful features that simply give your event or conference website a pleasing appearance.
Key features of the plugin include the following:
- It works well with major page builders including Elementor, Divi, Beaver Builder, Site origin and more.
- Responsive designs.
- SEO friendly.
- Compatible with other plugins of WP Event Manager including Google Maps.
- Gets updated regularly.
- Simple coding and easily customizable.
- WooCommerce integration and more.
Divi is one of the most demanding WordPress themes for events and conference websites. It is a versatile WordPress theme that allows you to easily build your events or conference website.
It comes with a plethora of attractive off-the-shelf page designs with grid and masonry layouts that let you display your events, speakers, visuals, testimonials and more.
Key features of the WordPress themes include the following:
- SEO friendly.
- Fast and responsive.
- Works well with WordPress page builders.
- Huge options.
- Multiple custom pages and more.
Note: if you are building an events website, you can add various useful features to it including a ticketing system, registrations, Google maps and more with a plugin like WP Event Manager. It is a leading WordPress event management plugin that has built the Divi elements plugin. The plugin is built with the combined strength of WP Event Manager and Divi themes. Discover the plugin now.
Astra is counted among the best WordPress themes for events and conference websites due to its flexibility and features. Whether you are building an eCommerce store or an events or conference website, the theme is suitable for all.
Key features of the WordPress theme for events or conference website include the following:
- It is compatible with all page builders including Elementor and Beaver builder.
- It allows you to sell tickets for your events and manage transactions through WooCommerce.
- Customized landing pages can also be created using drag and drop page builders with Astra.
- Mainly three types of demos for your events and conference website are available in Astra. The elements of these demos include Google Maps integration, contact pages, ticketing system, and more.
Evently is another WordPress theme that you can use to build your events and conference websites. It provides users with various pre-built templates and content that can be used for different types of events including summits, meetings, festivals and even conferences.
Key features of Evently include the following:
- Compatibility with major page builders.
- Comes with multiple demos for home pages.
- Attractive designs that are fully responsive.
- SEO friendly.
- Loads quickly.
- Offers event countdown facility along with ticket buttons.
- Easily integrates with Google Maps.
- Post event evaluation and more.
Uncode is one of the best WordPress themes for event and conference websites. The multipurpose theme is known for its flexibility and consistent performance. It lets you create fast, clean and contemporary layout for your events websites.
Key features of the WordPress theme include the following:
- It offers additional facilities to your website that include calendar, countdown, speaker and ticketing system.
- Multiple options in pre-built demos.
- Works well with other WordPress plugins and page builders.
- Responsive designs.
- Quality support.
- Offers widgets.
The next in our list is the Event theme that is another WordPress masterpiece. The theme is primarily designed for events websites but it suits almost all types of businesses websites including blogging sites.
Key features of Event include the following:
- Lets you add customizable widgets.
- The theme is compatible with the Polylang plugin which lets you build an events website supported by multiple languages.
- The theme is designed with various templates, widgets and sidebar.
7. Ocean WP
The next in our list is the Ocean WP theme, a WordPress theme that is known for its high speed performance. Whether you want to build a WordPress events and conference website or an eCommerce website, the multipurpose theme can help you achieve your goals.
Key features of the WordPress theme include the following:
- Can be easily used with major page builders including Elementor, Gutenberg and more.
- Supports WooCommerce.
- Offers responsive designs.
- Users get various demo templates for their WordPress events and conference website.
- Multi-language support.
8. Metro pro
You can also opt for the WordPress theme Metro Pro if you are planning to create a full fledged WordPress events and conference website. It offers modern designs that perfectly suit all types of events websites. Adding event plugins to your WordPress site is also easy with Metro pro.
Key features of Metro Pro include the following:
- Responsive designs with powerful display.
- Lets you easily monetize your WordPress site with WooCommerce integration.
- Multiple widget areas for home pages.
- Allows users to customize headers with ease.
If you are looking for a WordPress theme that offers a huge number of ready made templates, SeedProd could be a good choice for you. More than hundred templates can be found in Seedprod that can be easily transferred to your site in a click.
Key features of SeedProd include the following:
- Easily customizable themes.
- No coding expertise needed to use and customize the theme.
- The landing page builder gives you the freedom to add event countdown times and ticketing systems to your site.
- Easy to use.
- It also has a drag and drop page builder that allows you to create your event landing pages smoothly.
10. Ultra theme by Themify
Ultra is a well-known WordPress theme that is mostly suitable for events like concerts and other musical events. The theme is developed by Themify that can be used for building any type of WordPress website.
Key features of Ultra theme include the following:
- It offers social sharing options.
- Compatible with major eCommence plugins to make ticket selling easy.
- Customizable background images.
- Responsive layouts.
Another feature packed WordPress theme for events website is Exhibiz all you have to do is to select a suitable theme for your business and quickly build a website based on the pre-built content that cover food, marketing or educational multi-day events.
Key features of Exhibz include the following:
- Lets you promote your events.
- Offers Google Maps integration.
- Quality customer support.
- More than 10 demos for your events website.
- Works smoothly with major page builders and plugins.
- The theme covers elements like event registration, conference management, speakers segment and more.
12. Grand Conference
Last but not the least, the Grand conference theme is designed to enhance the appearance of your WordPress events and conference website with its vibrant colors and animation. Users can install any demo within seconds and start working with it.
Key features of the Grand Conference theme include the following:
- Offers more than hundred widgets.
- Cones with a session manager feature to help you conduct multiple events.
- Facility to add 3D animation effects.
- Pre-built template options for events and conferences.
- Multilingual support.
What is the best WordPress theme?
All the above mentioned WordPress themes are rich in features and they are filtered based on their unique features. However, the best option for your WordPress events and conference websites always depends on your business requirements.
If you are looking for a multi-purpose theme that works for all types of websites including events and conferences, we recommend WP Event Manager’s Event Listing theme.
Are WordPress themes free?
There are a few WordPress themes which you can use for free. If you are tight on budget or new in this field you can certainly go for free themes. As the appearance of your events business online highly depends on the theme you choose, we recommend you to go for the one that is affordable and comes with the right features.
We hope that the article will help you get a clear idea about each of the themes mentioned in it. Wisely select a theme so that it can give your preferred look to your WordPress events and conference website.