It is said that “A website without visitors is like a ship lost in the horizon.”
If you are constantly struggling to increase the traffic of your WordPress site, read this article to get some useful tips.
No matter how well-planned your WordPress website is, if it fails to gain traffic, it fails as a website.
Whether you run a clothing, food or events business, increasing your site traffic is essential because at the end of the day you want people to know your business. In this article, we have specifically discussed how you can increase the traffic of your WordPress events website.
Before diving into the main topic, let us tell you if your WordPress site has the strength to handle high traffic.
Can WordPress support heavy traffic?
The straight-forward answer to this question is yes. Your WordPress site does have the capacity to handle heavy traffic. However, it depends on a few factors that you need to keep in mind while building your events website.
Consider the following things while creating your events website:
- Choose a good hosting service like Kinsta.
- Your site optimization method.
- Use light-weight and SEO-friendly plugins on your website like WP Event Manager.
How to drive more traffic to your WordPress events site?
If you have a WordPress based events website, there are many ways you can increase its traffic.
Consider the following tips:
1. Focus on your website SEO
The best way to improve the position of your website in the list of search results on popular search engines is to add great content to your website. So where to start?
Consider the following points:
- Keep your privacy settings to “Public” to help search engines find and index your events website.
- Research about relevant keywords in your industry. For example if you have an events website, check out what phrases and words people are using in their event related queries.
- Don’t forget to add these keywords to your website content including the titles, body, meta descriptions, URL and more. You can also use popular tools like SEMrush, Google Webmaster Tools, Google AdWords Keyword Planner etc to search for relevant keywords.
Utilize your events calendar and event listing as an SEO opportunity
Having an events calendar not only helps your audience find events easily but also unveils many SEO opportunities for your website which is crucial for driving more traffic to it.
If you still do not have an events calendar on your website, you can turn to WP Event Manager to create one. It is an event management plugin that offers some amazing extensions to help you add various event management features to your WordPress site. Here, it is to be mentioned that the plugin is SEO friendly.
In addition to that, you can also add an event listing feature to your WordPress site to expand your SEO activities.
- You can add keywords to your event description, titles and metadata.
- Besides this, you can optimize your event URLs, image ALT text by highlighting important keywords.
These increase your website’s chances of getting a higher rank on popular search engines.
2. Create high-quality content
The blogs that you add to your website have a great potential to increase traffic on your website. It is said that your blogs can increase your website’s chances of getting a higher rank on search engines by 434%.
- Choose your blog topics carefully.
- Focus on trending topics in your industry.
- Research about the topics that your target audiences are searching for.
- Focus on your blog title, images and introduction.
The blogs you write must be relevant to the industry you serve. Find out more about how you can increase traffic to your blog posts in our next segment.
3. Interlink your website pages
Interlinking does help when it comes to increasing website traffic. The term interlinking refers to adding links of your website content including blogs to your recent posts or pages.
You can improve your visitor’s site engagement by adding links of related content and this also minimizes bounce rate.
Ultimately, your content will get better exposure by doing this. Interlinking also makes it easy for search bots to find and index your website’s content and boost rankings.
4. Utilize your event calendar to promote others events
As mentioned above, you can use your event calendar in many ways to bring traffic to your site.
It is a smart way to promote other people’s events on your event calendar especially if you do not organize events frequently. It not only drives more traffic to your website but also helps create relationships. How?
Let us give you an example: suppose you do not organize your own events and you have let other people in your community publish their events on your calendar. So these people have to add your website’s link to their websites which automatically will drive more traffic to your website.
5. Speed up your WordPress site
Having a fast website is essential for you to gain traffic on it. Studies show that internet users do not prefer to stay on a website that takes more than 2 seconds to load. So if your aim is to get more traffic you must have a fast website.
The speed of your website depends on various things including:
- Website maintenance.
- The plugins you use.
- Web design elements including images and more.
Website maintenance is extremely important to ensure that your website is running properly with the desired speed. If you want to know more about website maintenance you can read our blog on What is WordPress Website Maintenance – Why is it Important?
6. Monitor your website performance
When it comes to increasing website traffic, monitoring your website performance is very important.
This helps you work on the areas of your website that need improvements and know about the things that your visitors are engaging in.
You may find out a specific type of post is doing better on your site than others and build your content strategy based on that.
By analyzing these areas, you can build a solid strategy to continuously improve your site performance and provide better experiences for your visitors.
7. Reach out to your target audiences through social media platforms
Social media platforms are amazingly useful to reach out to the maximum number of people.
You can utilize a popular social networking site like Facebook that has more than one billion daily active users. You can create a business page on Facebook and other such popular platforms. It’s good to share posts on these platforms regularly to engage your audiences and add the link of your official website to gain more traffic to it.
Don’t forget to keep the social sharing option open on your WordPress site for your website visitors so that they can easily share the content of your website with their connections.
Use these tips and see the difference in your website traffic.
How to increase traffic to your blog posts?
As mentioned earlier, your blogs play a great role in catching the attention of your target audiences toward your website. So posting high quality blogs that are capable of gaining website traffic is necessary. So what does “high-quality” mean here?
Well, a high-quality blog means a blog covers the following areas:
- Written in simple and error-free language.
- Written on an engaging topic.
- Has all the necessary details along with keywords.
- Follow good SEO practices.
- Has proper heading and introduction.
If you want to generate such blogs to increase traffic on your website, you need to follow the below-mentioned points.
- Search for relevant blog topics: Writing about random topics on your website is simply not going to work. You need to look for topics that your target audiences might be interested in reading. You might be shocked to know but writing about the trending is not always a good idea to gain traffic as it is a temporary solution. When people start losing interest in the trend your site traffic will also decrease at a significant amount. That is why it is recommended for you to look for evergreen topics in your industry.
- Pay attention to the keyword intent: Google tries to give relevant answers to people’s queries. So, to get a higher rank on Google, you need to offer users with the most relevant answer to their queries through your blog. While writing an article, analyze the first five pages that Google suggests you as a search result of your keyword.
- Create impressive headlines: A blog heading is the first thing that catches viewers’ eyes and encourages them to read it. Sometimes the heading is more important than the entire blog. So, make sure you focus on your blog heading and write an impressive one.
- Use email marketing: Promoting blogs to increase blog traffic is also an idea that works. You can create newsletters to let your subscribers know about the blogs that you have recently published.
- Use keywords carefully: Make SEO and keywords parts of your content strategy. SEO is very powerful if done right. So make sure you research on keywords and put them in your blogs following SEO rules.
The word “traffic” plays a significant role in the success of your website. If you have a business website you need to put effort into bringing traffic to it. Along with your site SEO, you also need to keep your eyes on its performance, marketing, content, images and other elements to gain traffic. We hope that these above mentioned tips will be helpful for you in this regard.