When it comes to designing a business website, WordPress is the first thing that emanates to one’s mind. With a platform successfully powering 33% of internet sites globally, WordPress continues to expand with its exhilarating features and solutions that make online business an ease. Initially, WordPress was created as a blogging site but it later grew to become a medium for developing, designing and hosting websites. The best part about WordPress is that you can effortlessly build and run a website with no prior knowledge of web development. If you are seeking help on How to Create event registration website on WordPress, read on below:
Step- 1. Select a WordPress Hosting provider – Kinsta
Acquiring a hosting service makes it possible to host your website and its content on the web. A good hosting provider will not only take that burden off from you but also ensure that the site is up and running 24/7. Therefore, the first step to getting started is selecting a reliable, fast and affordable WordPress hosting provider.
WordPress offers a separate hosting provider facility for sites developed and managed under its platform. With pioneering technology and unmatched speed, these hosting providers ensure a business experience like never before. One such provider is Kinsta.
Founded in 2013, Kinsta has now fully established themselves in the world of WordPress hosting. Apart from the high hosting speed, their remarkable performance and well-organized customer support makes them a top choice for users. Kinsta is one of the best inexpensive hosting providers and some of its features are listed below:
When you host a site on the internet, you’re basically sharing it on a server with a million other websites, which either different or the same, all fight over the same resource. To stand you out among others, Kinsta offers a top-notch architecture. The package provides scaling, de-scaling, cloud backups with over 20 data center locations and LXD container technology to accelerate your sites’ performance.
Kinsta has a support team available 24/7 at all times. They are not just there to help you fix site breakdowns, but also ensure speed, performance fixes and other technical constraints. Their engineers and support staff are cooperative, skilled and have tons of experience in web hosting!
Kinsta provides an automated backup mechanism that by default backs up all your site’s data once per day. The system is so powerful that it can manage up to 14 backups at once! You can also manually backup whenever you want or restore any changes to its previous state too.
Staging Environment on just a Click
Kinsta’s one-click staging environment allows you to instantly build a site, test plugins, add pages and add updates. The staging feature displays the entire phenomenon of a live site before its hosted.
Step-2. Install WordPress at your Host
Installing WordPress at your hosting server manually requires a few quick steps. Find them out below:
- Download the WordPress Package
To install the WordPress CMS, download the WordPress package from their official website. (https://wordpress.org/download/)
- Upload the Package to your Hosting Server
To upload the package you can use three ways:
- FTP – File Transfer Protocol
- File Manager
- SSH – Secure Socket Shell
- Create the MySQL Database
For your website, it is necessary to have a database to store all the information. It will act as a storage area for all the content generated when a user will visit your site.
- Log in to your cPanel of the hosting server
- Under Database Selection, click on MySQL Database Wizard
- Create a Database and enter its name.
- Next, create database users and add a username and password. Press Create User
- Add the created user to the database. Then, you’ll see privileges option. Select the options according to your requirements.
- Fill all the details in your WordPress
As you start WordPress on your browser, it will ask for the necessary details to connect up to the database. Enter all the details, choose a strong password, choose the database host and submit everything in the end. This will connect the database to your WordPress account.
- Run the WordPress Installer
Lastly, execute the installation scripts. You can find them from the URLs below:
Here, replace ‘yourdomain.com’ in the above links by your actual domain link. After this process, you will be proceeded to the installer.
Step-3. Choose a Theme
A theme determines the entire look and feel of your website. This comprises of things like the color scheme, layout and the styles you pick. Overall, it is a direct representation of your product and your business type.
For WordPress users, there are a number of themes to pick from. Some are free of cost, while the others come at a price. Some require customization whereas others do not. It is very important to pick an event management website template relevant to your brand so you can have a positive impact on users.
To make your life easier, we selected two significant resources from where you can download themes – ThemeForest and JupiterX. The two sites offer abundant themes and templates for various platforms suiting different business needs. Let’s compare the two below:
This site includes a massive resource of themes and templates for not just WordPress but also Joomla, Woo Commerce, Shopify and other platforms. Besides testing the themes, you can also save your favorite ones for later or even share it with your counterparts.
ThemeForest is associated with Envato Market, a creative umbrella with over 30K designers creating themes and digital projects almost every day! You can also get to know the designers behind each theme by engaging with the global community at Envato. Lastly, you can also take help from experts or through free web design tutorials at Envato’s education hub.
b. JupiterX – RECOMMENDED!
If you’re looking to add a touch of class to your themes, JupiterX should be your go-to! With over 90K+ customers, hundreds of pre-built templates and top-class themes relating to every business genre, this site is a hub of all your needs. From entrepreneurs, artists and small-business owners to web designers and bloggers, Jupiter’s WordPress themes cater thousands of users to build state-of-the-art websites.
We believe JupiterX is better than other theme for a number of reasons, which are:
- Frequent Updates: Not just the themes, Jupiter constantly strives on improving its performance by ensuring your site runs smoothly and faster than before.
- More than just Responsive: Jupiter’s themes are coded in a way to adapt to every screen resolution for multiple ranges of devices. They are not just responsive but also fit each page with all their style elements.
- High-Resolution Themes: Since every new business website is designed with respect to smart devices nowadays, Jupiter themes ensure that they are of high resolution, scalable and professional to give your site an extra edge.
- Other features: Besides the above factors, Jupiter offers online support, customizability, high-end functional features, advanced updates and user-friendly service to boost your website and business!
Step-4. Install WP Event Management Plugin
Plugins are a great feature to improve your site’s functionality. WordPress on that matter, lets you add plugins that are free and comprise of powerful features to make your site look more appealing.
For an event registration website, you’ll need an event management plugin that’ll enrich your code so you can add features for planning, organizing and executing different types of events relating to your business. A good plugin will help understand the purpose of the event and then work its way with the website.
This plugin out of all the event manager plugins falls on top of our list due to its vast features, scalability options and lightweight properties. It is not only compatible with other devices but also provides cross-browser support, Search Engine Optimization and open source libraries. What makes it better than other event managing plugins? Find out below:
– You can organize your events under various categories
– WP Event Manager allows a number of add-ons such as ticket selling, registering, calendar, attendee info, alerts and Google Maps
– Let’s you manage an event from both frontend and backend
– Allows you to generate an event listing in just 30 minutes!
– It is free except for the add-ons, which come at a price
– It is a standard plugin for any kind of event listing that you will create on your website
– With a single add-on, Event Manager allows you to edit events in a more creative way
– Quick, very easy to install
– Sleek and user-friendly interface
– Uses multifunctional tools to list out events
– It includes search features and Ajax based filtering for finding out any records
– Unlike others, the free version offers vast features too
– Customer Support at all times.
Bonus Step: Create Important Pages
A good website doesn’t include just a homepage. In order to increase your site conversations, you need visitors to stick longer on your website giving you a higher advantage. For that purpose, create important pages, which should be attractive and provide relevant information regarding your business.
- About Us Page: The first page describing your business and its brief history. You can also add your business’s mission and vision.
- Contact Us Page: A page providing your contact information, address, and email.
- Products/Services: Here you should state all the information regarding your products and services. Be descriptive; add images and videos to make it more appealing and convincing to the users.
- FAQ Page: This page is great to list out answers for all the frequently asked questions of your users. Make sure you are precise and answer everything the people have asked for.
- Testimonials: This page will help build new clients and people visiting your site after reading all the positive reviews and work your business has done in the past!
Your business website casts the first impression on your customers. If that isn’t good enough, you might be on the verge of losing potential clients. Therefore, it is imperative to Create event registration website which stuns the viewers. Since the evolution of WordPress, many businesses have soared to new heights. Some great examples we see today are CBN, ESPN, White House and EA who are all powered and managed by WordPress.
In order to Create event registration website on WordPress succesfully, we recommend starting with a reliable hosting provider like Kinsta, and later creatively building your site through the top-notch themes at JupiterX. Next, add the WP Event Manager Plugin to help boost your event registering process and add events categorically. Lastly, enhance your content by adding significant pages to give your website a professional touch.
When you run an events platform, you will undoubtedly face a ton of support load. Since you’re the mediator, you will have to provide support for both the event Organizers and the Attendees. In this article, we will discuss how you can give the best customer support on your events platform.
What are the Common Customer Issues on Event Platform?
Providing customer support for an events platform can be a painful task, especially if you are selling tickets.
Common Issues on Tickets and Bookings
Issues mainly arise when there are conditions and restrictions like,
- Limitations on Bulk Bookings – limit to maximum number tickets that can be booked
- Ticket Cancellation may not be available
- There could be Cut-Off Time for booking tickets
- Age Restrictions on adult events – attendees may need to bring IDs to be permitted
- When Additional Charges may be applied
- People may not understand your Refund Policy
- When the ticket isn’t available
People who are interested in buying the tickets to the event will have doubts before buying the tickets. Only when their doubts are clarified, they will be able to book the tickets.
Common Issues with Organizers
When a new event organizer visits your platform for the first time, they could have many questions such as,
- How to post an event on your platform?
- What information should be included on the event page?
- What to do when an event is cancelled?
- Event will be directly published on the front end or admin will approve it?
Making sure that your customers get the answers to these questions is critical for the success of your events platform.
Why Support Critical for an Event Platform?
Provide the best support for both parties, the event organizers and the attendees is a must if you want to run a smooth business.
When you provide excellent support for the organizers, you will earn their loyalty and also attract more organizers to post more events on your events platform. If the number of events listed on your website does not increase, you cannot expect more people to come to your platform.
When you provide quality support for the attendees, it improves customer satisfaction, which will get the word out. You would gain more public attention towards your site and will grow in popularity.
How to Provide the Best Customer Support on an Event Platform?
You can do various things to give quality support to your customers. The most important thing to do is to simply and optimize your events platform. In this way you are eliminating the need for the customers to contact support.
And then you can organize how support queries are handled, so that customers get quick replies. Let’s see the steps,
1) Streamlining the Process on your Platform
The best way to customer support is to reduce the chances of customers having to contact support. When you have a streamlined process for events listing and management, it will automatically reduce the customer support queries that you have to deal with.
Every step of the process has to be streamlined, taking into account the different kinds of users who will use your events platform. To do this, you need to use the best tool to create an events platform.
WP Event Manager is the best tool for creating a WordPress event management website. This plugin makes it easy to streamline the whole events listing and ticket booking process.
2) Creating an Effective FAQ page
When we say an FAQ page, it might sound very simple, but it is very significant. The FAQ page is the second most visited page on a website after the Home / Services page. An effective FAQ page should have precise answers to the customers most nagging questions. It should be in a simple language so that the customers get a clear cut idea of your business operation.
For example, let’s say that tickets cannot be cancelled on your events platform. If you mention it clearly on your FAQ page, it will stop doubtful customers from booking the tickets. Later, you will not have to deal with an angry customer who wants a refund.
Helpie FAQ plugin is the best WordPress FAQ plugin to create effective FAQ pages which help you to answer your customer’s most nagging questions.
3) Providing Self-Help Articles
A customer knowledge base with well-written help articles is critical for an events platform. Customers will have so many questions like the questions we mentioned earlier. They will first search for answers themselves before calling or emailing for support. They will contact you for help only when they can’t find the answers themselves.
Note that some may leave your platform even without contacting the support. Most of the times, customers questions are repetitive or similar. You would be repeating the same answers many times.
So when you create a knowledge base portal for answering all of your customer’s common questions (both organizers and attendees), it will greatly help your customers. Also, your support load will be greatly reduced. Helpie Knowledge Base plugin is the best WordPress knowledge base plugin for creating a customer self-help portal.
You can also link the relevant help-articles on the FAQs, so that customers can read the elaborate answers.
4) Creating Separate Support Channels
If you handle all the queries on a single email, it will be tough to manage. I’m sure you will not be able to give the best support. You could even end up messing the full support process.
The final part but a vital part of customer support for an events platform is that you need to have separate support channels for different departments.
Notably, support for financial transactions like unsuccessful transactions, refunds, etc., has to be handled separately with more care.
The other queries, like general questions, event cancellation, etc., should be handled on another channel. So it is essential to categorize the support queries and manage them on different channels.
You could also have separate support emails for organizers and attendees.
5) Create an emotional connection with your customers
You’ve heard the phrase “it’s not what you say; it’s how you say it”?
Well, the best customer experiences are achieved when a member of your team creates an emotional connection with a customer.
Customers become loyal when they are emotionally attached and they remember how they feel when they use a product or service. A business that optimizes for an emotional connection outperforms competitors by 85% in sales growth.
Listening is one of the simplest secrets of customer service. It means hearing what your customers are saying out loud, as well as what they are communicating non-verbally. Watch for signs that they are displeased, while listening to what they say to you directly.
If you follow these steps, I’m sure you will be able to give the best customer support for your events website. When your audience is happy with your service, your business will be a success.
Let’s first talk about what an event website is and how useful it is in today’s world. Such a platform provides its users with a simple and efficient way to see what events are taking place around them and when. The events can range from anything like concerts to charity drives, all easily accessible in one place. A WP Event Manager Visual Composer integration can deliver good results in this regard. If you are wondering how WP-Event Manager Visual Composer work together, this article will help you.
A good event managing website is composed of several small components that together make up a usable product. One of the key components of every good event managers are:
- Ticket purchasing facility
- A good interface displaying all the events
A default WordPress event management website comes with a WordPress event theme and a lot of tools and you may not necessarily need to add more, but in order to make your business model work correctly, you should do detailed research about your needs and requirements. This will enable you to identify what you currently have and what’s missing from your website.
To make the process of creating a decent WordPress event management website easier, we will be using a tool called Visual Composer throughout our journey. Let’s now talk a bit about what this product is.
What is Visual Composer?
Visual composer replaces the default WordPress editor with a different layout that is much easier to use. The new layout is designed to feel more natural in a drag-and-drop environment and was created with the intent of making website creation an even simpler task than it already is. Since it is not pre-installed with WordPress, we will now discuss how to install Visual composer
The process of installing the composer will be like any other WordPress plugin. In order to download it, we will head to the official website (visualcomposer.com) and click on the Download section. Once that is taken care of, proceed to your WordPress Admin panel and go to the plugins section. Click on ‘Add new’ in the upper left corner and click ‘Upload plugin’. Upload the recently downloaded file and when that’s done, WordPress will install it automatically. After that is taken care of, ‘Activate plugin’ will become visible and all you need to do to start Visual composer is to click that button.
What is Event Manager?
Earlier, we talked about what makes a WordPress event management website successful and we concluded that it all boils down to matching your requirements with the right tools that are available on the market. Those tools are also known as event managers.
Event managers can make or break the functionality of your website so it is very important to have a good amount of research on the current options you have available. From their functionality to the price, everything is important enough to be known. The issue that none of the tools are bad, you just need to know which one of the hundreds of event manager plugins that are out there is your best bet.
Your requirements may suggest that you need a middle-tier plugin. Settling for a lesser one can seriously hinder your business prospects and going all-out for the most expensive ones might not give you enough of a return to make it seem worthwhile. This is why good research about your requirements is crucial in choosing just the right thing.
WP Event Manager is one such WordPress event registration plugin that we can use. Its official description states that it is a lightweight, scalable and full-featured event management plugin and there really is no misleading statement here. WP Event Manager covers all those areas and is very user-friendly. This makes it one of the top-picked event managers of all time.
Events manager shortcodesare a very elegant way of performing large and seemingly difficult tasks with minimal effort and almost no time is taken. Shortcodes can be used in conjunction with WP Event Manager and Visual composerto bring forth a very creative product that is fully usable for everyone.
Creating the final product
Now that we have covered all the components individually, we are going to work on combining all of them to create a usable product.
- Through the use of Visual Composer, we can simply add components into the page by following the path: WP-admin -> Visual Composer -> Getting Started
- From there, click on the ‘Create New Page’ button and you will then be able to see a ‘+’ button on your left.
- Clicking that will open up a window that will show you available widgets that can be added to your page. The list that will pop up can be different depending on what kind of other installations you have made on your WordPress account.
- Once you click on any icon, a series of options will become visible to you. Those options are completely dependent on the type of widget you have selected.
- Fill in the fields by your own choice and then you are ready to publish your page.
- From here on, you will be able to add Shortcodes to components of your page to make customization and usability easier.
- As we have discussed above, it is super easy to use shortcodes in your pages and once you get familiar with them, the amount of personalization you can add is pretty much endless.
Some Examples of Using Shortcodes
We will now discuss a few of the shortcodes and what they do so that it is easier for you to get familiar with them.
Event Listing Shortcode
The first one is the ‘Event Listing’ shortcode. This snippet lets you view an entire list of events that have been added to the website. The actual code for this excellent widget is ‘[events]’.
Submit Event Shortcode
Moving on to the other items, the next shortcode in line is ‘Submit Event’. The good thing about shortcodes is that they are almost always very self-explanatory. This one is no exception and gives us a very clear idea of what this will do. A form will appear that will allow you to publish events by entering their details into the system. The code used here will be ‘[submit_event_form]’.
The last shortcode that we will be discussing is ‘Event’. As you may have guessed, this allows you to view a specific single event from the entire list available to you. You may be guessing, how do I grab a specific event? The answer is that in the shortcode, you can enter an ID for an event and that is it. The code along with the ID part looks like this: ‘[event id = “xxxx”]’.
From here, you can continue to explore more shortcodes and more event management plugins. Since WordPress is an open-source platform, there is really no limitation to what can be done in it and with Visual Composer, creating a WordPress event management website has never been easier. You can even try your hand at creating plugins and you never know, they might become a sensation of their own!
How do they work together to create an event website?
Over the past decade, the trend and need for a website to boost your business have risen to a new and essential level. That’s why you will find a lot of websites whenever you’ll search for anything. WordPress Event Manager Elementor work together to create amazing website for event planners and managers.
WordPress is probably the most advanced and accepted Content Management System, which modern Businesses are using to develop their websites. The story’s not finished yet; it also provides you services like Hosting, SSL certificate acquisition, and likewise. An amazing aspect of WordPress is that it comes with a lot of Plugins.
A Plugin is a bunch of code lines which are developed by expert developers and been presented to a layman. The Person just needs to download that plugin, activate it, and enjoy any particular functionality which that plugin imparts to the Website. These plugins have made it easier for the layman to design and develop amazing websites without becoming a developer.
WordPress itself offers quite a few Plugins which are mostly free, alongside plugins by foreign communities. WooCommerce is an example of it and is used to develop an eCommerce store. Recently WordPress launches a new plugin, and it’s WordPress Event Manager Plugin.
WP Event Manager
WP Event Manager Plugin helps you to integrate basic, yet a highly efficient Event Management System to your Website. With a few clicks, you can turn your website into an Event Management portal. The Plugin is enriched with multiple features, a few of them are
- Create, Manage, and Categories your events through highly user-friendly and familiar WordPress UI.
- Highly efficient search and filter options.
- Cross Browser Support and SEO friendly.
- Event Categorization
- The plugin comes with a feature enriched Widget Library as well. These widgets include event listing, assortment, and likewise.
- The most amazing bit is that it’s FREE.
WP Event Manager – ShortCodes
ShortCodes are like snippets of the code which are generated whenever you integrate the Event Management Plugin with Elementor or any page building Plugin. When a widget of Management plugin is selected, a snippet is generated by it, which in turn needs to be placed at the section of the website, where you want that particular widget to work.For further information about WP Event Manager shortcode, you can visit here.
Elementor Page Builder Plugin
Another amazing plugin of WordPress team for the community is Elementor Page Builder. If you’re familiar with WordPress based Website development, you must be familiar with Elementor as well. This Plugin is a website page builder. On the backend, it creates a set of code, comprises upon page designing elements, which in turn helps you to create a web page.
In general, a page builder plugin works alongside every other plugin been added to the Website. Rather, it won’t be wrong to say that most other plugins are added inside different elements or Widgets of a Page Builder. Similarly, WP Event Manager Plugin would be integrated with the Elementor Page Builder Plugin to create our online Event Management System on our website.
It’s good that by now you have decided to make your web-based Event Management System, but you might not be acquainted with the procedure. This brings us to the main reason behind this article, that’s to guide our readers on how they can use both of these plugins to get an effective and efficient Event Management System.
Construction of Event Management System
- Start with the purchase of the Domain Name and Hosting. There’re a lot of service providers, present on the internet. Find out which of the plans to suit your requirements.
- Download the WordPress files from www.wordpress.org.
- Install the WordPress files and integrate them with your Hosting.
- After that, run into the WordPress Dashboard and start from creating pages and add the required plugins.
Elementor and WP Event Manager
- The process to download and install both of these plugins is the same.
- Go to the Plugins Section. Click Add New and enter “Elementor” and “WP Event Manager” to download the respective Plugins.
- After downloading, go to the list of Plugins, check the box of both Plugins and go to the above button of “Bulk Action” and click it to select the action of activating both plugins, simultaneously.
Event Management System Development
The Process initiates from the activation of Elementor Plugin. The pathway, as mentioned above, is quite easy for you to activate it. It’s been summarized as
- Go to WP-admin >> Plugins section in admin panel and activate the plugin
- Go to WP-admin >> Elementor >> Getting Started
- Click on “Create Your First Page“
- As soon as you will click the blue button, you will be getting redirected to this page where it displays WP Event Manager Widgets.
- Now, just drag & drop the required WP Event Manager Widget into the Page Widget Area and set attribute values related widget. So that’s simple. Isn’t it?
- We are almost done here. At the left side of your screen, at the bottom, you can see a green button saying “Publish.” You know the Drill! Click, and you are ready to publish the content on your page.
- For example, if you select the Widget “Event Listing.” This snippet lets you view an entire list of events that have been added to the website. The actual code for this excellent widget is ‘[events]’.
- Another example is that if you select the Widget “Event”. This Widget is self- explanatory. It lets you check or find out any specific event from the list of event which you created using the snippet mentioned in the 1 st point. The snippet of this widget is ‘[event id = “xxxx”]’
Congratulations! You have successfully installed and activated both plugins. Now the next step is the construction or addition of the Pages to the Website. Just like previous steps, this step is not difficult either.
Follow the above-mentioned Path. You will be directed towards the following screen.
Here at the bottom of the Video Icon, you can find a blue colored button saying “Create Your First Page.” So next, quite obvious, click it and the 1 st page of your website is ready to carry the Event Management Widget.
Amazing! You have done a good job if you have created the page using Elementor. Now it’s time to move ahead.
After clicking the “Create Page” button, you are now at the Widget panel page. From this page, you will now start to have an idea that we are close to our web-based Event Management System. On the left side, you can see a various number of widgets. As mentioned earlier, each widget provides a particular bit or part of the Program.
Things are not over yet. We are just a few small steps away to reach our destination. Now, as soon as you drag any of your desired widgets, this will lead you to the following screen. What you will see is a dialog box will be opened. It will require a few relevant fields to be filled. These include different required values, e.g., Category, Date, Location, and likewise.
As soon as you click the publish button, you will be provided with a ShortCode. All you need is to copy that particular snippet and paste it at the section of the page where you want it to appear.
We learn through observation, exploring, and mistakes. This article has provided the basic information to help you develop your Event Management System using WordPress. Now it all boils down to your passion to learn and explore. The more you explore, the more you learn and the more you will be successful.