Upcoming Events Widget
The upcoming events widget displays the events that are going to take place in the near future. By activating this widget, users and visitors can get to see a mini version of the list of upcoming events.
To add an upcoming events widget to your website, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to WP-admin >> Appearance >> Widgets.
- Go to Upcoming Events.
- Click on the drop-down button.
- Select the desired location to place your widget.
- Click Add Widget, or Drag the Upcoming Events to your desired location on the right.
You need to fill in the following details in the widget section:
- Title: Give a suitable title to the widget.
- Number of listings to show: Enter the number of events you want to display on the frontend of your website.
- Order by: Set the order of the event listings to display on the frontend (Ascending or Descending) of your website.
- Order by: Set the order of the event listings to display on the frontend (ID, Name, Modified, Parent, Event Start Date, Random).
This is how the upcoming event listings appear on the frontend of your website:
Event Widgets Style
We have added the “List/Box view” to our widget style where users can display event widgets in the list view as well for their past, recent. upcoming and featured events.
Here are the steps you need to take for that:
- Go to the Admin dashboard.
- Click on Appearance.
- Click on the Widget option.
- Here, you need to click on the plus sign that is present right beside the word widget.
- Then choose your preferred event from the list and here you need to drag the event from the list to the Sidebar.
- Select the List/Box view from the widget style dropdown.
- Finally click on Update.