Categories & Types
Advanced / Customisation
WP Event Manager Tutorials
- Show all articles ( 25 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 12 ) Collapse Articles
Add ons Tutorials
- Articles coming soon
Recent Events Widget
WP Event Manager Widget
A Widget is a small block that performs a specific function. Widgets were originally created to provide a simple and easy-to-use way of giving design and structure control of the WordPress theme to the user.
Widgets can be easily dragged and dropped into a specific widget area. You can find the list of available WP Event Manager widgets and widget areas by going to the WP Admin » Appearance » Widgets section in your WordPress dashboard.
The Recent Events Widget
The Recent Events widget displays the events that are recently added by the event organizers. Displaying the latest posted events can help the audience find related events quickly resulting in positive user experience.
To add a Recent Events widget:
- Go to WP admin >> Appearance >> Widgets.
- Go to Recent Events.
- Click on the drop-down button.
- Select the desired location to place your widget.
- Click Add Widget, or Drag the Recent Events to the desired location on the right.
This widget comes with many different options, you can see below in screenshot:
- Title: Enter the title of the widget.
- Keyword: Enter the specific keyword in this field if you want to display the events specific keyword wise.
- Location: Enter the specific keyword in this field if you want to display the events specific location wise.
- Number of listings to show: Enter the number (how many events you want to display on frontend of your website).
- Order by: Set the order of the event listings (Ascending or Descending).
This is how event listings appears on the frontend of your website: