Recent Events Widget
WP Event Manager Widget
A Widget is a small block that performs a specific function. Widgets can be easily dragged and dropped into a specific widget-area.
You can find the list of available WP Event Manager widgets and widget areas by following the below mentioned steps:
WP Admin » Appearance » Widgets section in your WordPress dashboard.
The Recent Events Widget
The Recent Events widget displays the events that are recently added by the event organizers. Displaying the latest posted events can help the audience find related events quickly resulting in positive user experience.
To add a Recent Events widget to your website, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to WP admin >> Appearance >> Widgets.
- Go to Recent Events.
- Click on the drop-down button.
- Select the desired location to place your widget.
- Click Add Widget, or Drag the Recent Events to your desired location on the right.
This widget comes with many different options, you can see below in screenshot:
You need to fill in the following details in the widget section:
- Title: Give a suitable title to the widget.
- Keyword: Enter the specific keyword in this field if you want to display the events based on a specific keyword.
- Location: Enter the specific keyword in this field if you want to display the events based on a specific location.
- Number of listings to show: Enter the number of events you want to display on the frontend of your website.
- Order by: Set the order of the event listings (Ascending or Descending) to display on your website frontend.
This is how event listings appears on the frontend of your website: