How can we help?
Speaker and Schedule
The Speaker and Schedule addon lets users add the details of event speakers and their speech schedule in each event sessions.
You can install the Speaker and Schedule Plugin using 2 different ways:
- Automatic Installation: You can install a plugin from the backend of your WordPress. Click Here to see how you can do an automatic installation.
- Manual Installation: You can install the plugin manually using SFTP or FTP tool as well. Click Here to see how you can do a manual installation.
Speaker and schedule pages shortcodes.
The following pages need to be created in the Admin>> Page, In order to allow organizers to add speakers and sessions from the frontend.
- Event_speakers: This page will display all the speakers created and added by you on the website.
- Speaker_dashboard: A dashboard that will contain the list of all the speakers along with the events associated.
- Submit_speaker_form: This form will help organizers to collect data of speakers to be associated with events.
- Schedule_dashboard: This page will display all the sessions listed on the website in the form of a schedule.
- Submit_schedule_form: This form will help organizers to collect the session details for the events.
Admin settings for Speakers and schedule
- Please go to WP-Admin >> event manager >> settings >> Speakers.
- Please select the settings here,
- Delete Data On Uninstall: Delete WP Event Manager Speaker data when the plugin is deleted. Once removed, this data cannot be restored.
How to Add Speakers from Backend?
- Please go to Wp-admin >> Speakers>> Field Editor.
- Add the Speaker form fields that one wants to collect of the speakers, by clicking on Add field.
- Select the Name, type, description, placeholder options, priority, validation, for the fields.
- Please go to wp-admin>> speakers>>Add new
- Enter the title of the speaker.
- Enter the details of the Speakers you would want to display.
- Enter the Speaker Logo
- Publish the speaker.
- All the speakers can now be seen on the speaker dashboard.
How to Add a Speaker Category?
- Go to WP-admin >> Speakers >>Speaker Category.
- Enter the name of the category in the text box under the name.
- Enter the preferred slug. The “slug” is the URL-friendly version of the name.
- Select the parent event category, if needed.
- Finally, the list of all the categories can be seen on the right side of the dashboard.
Event Speaker page on frontend
- Please create a new page with shortcode [event_speakers].
- Publish the page.
- This page will showcase all the speakers on the website.
- The page can be filtered with the help of name, category, and ordered by title.
How to Add Speakers from the front end?
- Please go to the Speaker submit the form. This form can be accessed from the event dashboard>> speaker, or directly by making a submit speaker form menu.
- Click on the “+”.
- Enter the speaker email as the email needs to be verified,
- A form then displays, which asks for all the details asked in the form fields set in the Field editor of the speaker backend.
- Click on the Submit Form.
- All the speakers can now be witnessed in the Speaker Dashboard section.
- Also, these speakers can be seen on the event speaker page.
How to Add Session in the schedule from Frontend?
- Please go to the schedule submit the form. This form can be accessed from the Event Dashboard>> Schedule dashboard, or directly by making a submit schedule form menu.
- Click on Add Session.
- Session name: The name of the session, which you want to display to all the participants.
- Session start date: This will contain the date on which the session should be scheduled.
- Session start time: This includes the start time of the session.
- Session end date: This includes the end date of the session.
- Session end time: This includes the end time of the session.
- Speaker: All the speakers created under your speaker account in the speaker submission form are listed in the speaker session. You can select one or many speakers for this session.
- Host: The same speaker list can be used as host as well whom you want to give controls of the backstage of the event.
- Events: Please select from the list of events for which these sessions need to be created.
- Click on the Add Session.
- All the sessions can now be witnessed in the Event dashboard >> schedule section.
How to check Session in the schedule from Frontend on Event Dashboard?
- Go to Event Dashboard >> Schedule
- Click on Select event Drop down.
- After selecting the event you will find the list of all the sessions displayed on the schedule dashboard.
- You can now either Edit or Delete the sessions from this page.