Speaker and Schedule
You can install the Speaker and Schedule Plugin using 2 different ways:
- Automatic Installation: You can install a plugin from the backend of your WordPress. Click Here to see how you can do an automatic installation.
- Manual Installation: You can install the plugin manually using SFTP or FTP tool as well. Click Here to see how you can do a manual installation.
Speaker and schedule pages shortcodes.
The following pages need to be created in the Admin>> Page, In order to allow organizers to add speakers and sessions from the frontend.
- Event_speakers: This page will display all the speakers created and added by you on the website.
- Speaker_dashboard: A dashboard that will contain the list of all the speakers along with the events associated.
- Submit_speaker_form: This form will help organizers to collect data of speakers to be associated with events.
- Schedule_dashboard: This page will display all the sessions listed on the website in the form of a schedule.
- Submit_schedule_form: This form will help organizers to collect the session details for the events.
Admin settings for Speakers and schedule
- Please go to WP-Admin >> event manager >> settings >> Speakers.
- Please select the settings here,
- Delete Data On Uninstall: Delete WP Event Manager Speaker data when the plugin is deleted. Once removed, this data cannot be restored.
How to Add Speakers from Backend?
- Please go to Wp-admin >> Speakers>> Field Editor.
- Add the Speaker form fields that one wants to collect of the speakers, by clicking on Add field.
- Select the Name, type, description, placeholder options, priority, validation, for the fields.
- Please go to wp-admin>> speakers>>Add new
- Enter the title of the speaker.
- Enter the details of the Speakers you would want to display.
- Enter the Speaker Logo
- Publish the speaker.
- All the speakers can now be seen on the speaker dashboard.
How to Add a Speaker Category?
- Go to WP-admin >> Speakers >>Speaker Category.
- Enter the name of the category in the text box under the name.
- Enter the preferred slug. The “slug” is the URL-friendly version of the name.
- Select the parent event category, if needed.
- Finally, the list of all the categories can be seen on the right side of the dashboard.
Event Speaker page on frontend
- Please create a new page with shortcode [event_speakers].
- Publish the page.
- This page will showcase all the speakers on the website.
- The page can be filtered with the help of name, category, and ordered by title.
How to Add Speakers from the front end?
- Please go to the Speaker submit the form. This form can be accessed from the event dashboard>> speaker, or directly by making a submit speaker form menu.
- Click on the “+”.
- Enter the speaker email as the email needs to be verified,
- A form then displays, which asks for all the details asked in the form fields set in the Field editor of the speaker backend.
- Click on the Submit Form.
- All the speakers can now be witnessed in the Speaker Dashboard section.
- Also, these speakers can be seen on the event speaker page.
How to Add Session in the schedule from Frontend?
- Please go to the schedule submit the form. This form can be accessed from the Event Dashboard>> Schedule dashboard, or directly by making a submit schedule form menu.
- Click on Add Session.
- Session name: The name of the session, which you want to display to all the participants.
- Session start date: This will contain the date on which the session should be scheduled.
- Session start time: This includes the start time of the session.
- Session end date: This includes the end date of the session.
- Session end time: This includes the end time of the session.
- Speaker: All the speakers created under your speaker account in the speaker submission form are listed in the speaker session. You can select one or many speakers for this session.
- Host: The same speaker list can be used as host as well whom you want to give controls of the backstage of the event.
- Events: Please select from the list of events for which these sessions need to be created.
- Click on the Add Session.
- All the sessions can now be witnessed in the Event dashboard >> schedule section.
How to check Session in the schedule from Frontend on Event Dashboard?
- Go to Event Dashboard >> Schedule
- Click on Select event Drop down.
- After selecting the event you will find the list of all the sessions displayed on the schedule dashboard.
- You can now either Edit or Delete the sessions from this page.