Setting up Venue
The Venue is a crucial part of an event that certainly deserves to have prominence on your website.
As an event host, you can pre-register a venue and other related details to it in advance.
In this guide, we will take you through the process of creating an event Venue using the frontend pages.
You need to make specific configurations to set up the Venue.
At the first step, you need to enable the venue functionality on your website.
To do that, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
Wp-admin >> event manager >> Settings >> General
With the default plugin settings, the Venue pages for Submit Venue, Venue Dashboard, and Venue List are pre-installed. However, one can change these pages through the following steps.
WP Admin >> Event Manager >> Settings >> Pages.
Setting up pages using Shortcodes
To create a new page, Go to WP Admin >> Pages >> Add new, submit the details(Title and description), and publish it.
1. Submit Venue Page
The Submit Venue Page consists of a form in which you need to fill in the details of the event Venues.
To create the Submit Venue Page, you can paste the shortcode [submit_Venue_form] in the content area of the Submit Venue Page.
2. Venue Dashboard
The Venue Dashboard displays the list of all the venues that you have created. You are allowed to add, delete and duplicate venues from the Venue Dashboard as per your requirement.
To set up the Venue dashboard page, paste the shortcode [Venue_dashboard], in the content area of the Venue Dashboard Page.
3. Event Venue list
The Event Venue List showcases all the event venues in a group, arranged in an alphabetical order. This comes with an alphabetical filter option.
To set up the Event Venue page, paste the shortcode [event_Venues] in the content area of the
This is how the Event Venue page would look like on the frontend that displays the total number of venues along with events.
Creating a Venue from the Backend:
To create a new Venue from backend, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to WP-admin >> Event manager >> Venue >> Add new.
- Fill in the details of your venues.
- Click on the Publish button.
Creating a Venue from the frontend:
To create a new Venue from the frontend, you need to take the below mentioned steps:
- Go to the Submit Venue.
- Add in the details of the Venue.
- Submit the Venue.
Adding a Venue to the Submit Event Page
You need to take the following steps to add a venue or venues to a particular event listing:
- Create a Venue or venues either at the frontend or backend.
- Go to Post an Event page.
- While submitting the details of the events, you will get an option to select a Venue. Here, you can choose from the dropdown, amongst the venues that are already submitted, and if the venue you want to add is not created before, you can create a new one by simply clicking on the option, Manage your venues from here.
- Submit the details.
The Venue details would appear as follows on the single event listing page:
Steps to Add, Edit, Duplicate, and Delete Venue from Frontend:
- Go to the Venue Dashboard on the frontend.
- To add a new event venue, click on the Add Venue option after which you will be redirected to a page where you need to submit the venue details.
- A new event venue will be created.
- Similarly, if you want to edit, duplicate or delete an event venue you can use the action section in the Venue dashboard page to perform the task.
- To get all the detailed information about a particular event Venue or Venues, you just need to click on that particular Venue on the Venue dashboard. It will take you to the page where you will get all the required details.
I have set up Venues, but I don’t get an option for Drop down while adding an event from the backend?
- Firstly, you need to create a Venue page as mentioned above using the shortcodes [submit_venue_form],[venue_dashboard],[event_venues].
- Then go to Admin >>event manager >> settings >> pages. Here, you can link all the pages related to the Venues.
- After that, go to Event manager >> Venue, Add Venues.
- Next go to Add event. you will find a dropdown section to add the venue created on your website.