Adding Your First Event
Add First Event Using Frontend Event Submission Form
For showing event submission form, user need to create a new page from pages menu at admin panel and must add shortcode [submit_event_form] or also can add shortcode in template file which bound with created page.
- Create a new page, follow the path, WP Admin >> Pages >> New Page.
- Name it something along the lines of “Submit event”.
- Inside the content area add the shortcode:[submit_event_form]
It is best to insert the shortcode into the ‘text’ view of the WordPress visual editor to ensure it gets formatted correctly.
Event submission steps to add first event
The first step is to sign up on the front end in order to submit an event.
- If the user is logged in, the form row data shows “Your account: You are currently signed in as (your username). Sign out”.
- If the user is logged out, accounts are not mandatory, and “Allow account creation”is disabled this shows a sign-in link.
- If the user is logged out, accounts are mandatory, and “Allow account creation” is disabled the form is disabled.
- If the user is logged out, accounts are mandatory, and “Allow account creation” is enabled an email field is shown to allow signup.
Event Form Detail
After the account section, the user is redirected to event submission form where a variety of fields has to be filled by the user.
The following are Event Fields:
- Event Title
- Event Type
- Event Category
- Online Event
- Event Address
- Event Location
- Event Banner
- Event Description
- Start Date
- Start Time
- End Date
- End Time
- Venue Name
- Zip Code
- Event Location
- Registration Email/URL
- Registration Deadline
- Ticket Option
After the event details has been submitted, the user needs to next give the organizers details.
The following are the organizer fields:
- Organizer Name
- Organizer logo
- Oganizer Description
- Organizer Email
These fields will be pre-filled where appropriate if the user is logged in and has submitted an event in the past.
Preview of First Event
The preview page shows the event details which have been submitted in the style of a single event listing. The user may click “Edit” to change the details of their listing, or “Submit” to submit their listing for viewing or approval (depending on your settings).
After submitting listing, Organizer (User) will get short message about status of their newly created listing.
Using Backend Submission Form
In order to add your event from backend you need to follow the steps as given:
- Go to WP- Admin >> Event Manager >> Add new.
- A form appears which asks for the necessary details regarding the event.
- Fill in the required details such as Event Title, Event Type, Event Category, Online Event, Event Address, Event Location, Event Banner, Event Description, Start Date, Start Time, End Date, End Time, Venue Name, Zip Code, Event Location, Registration Email/ URL, Registration Deadline,Ticket Option, etc
- Fill in the desired Organizer’s details, like Organizer Name, Organizer logo, Organizer Description, Organizer E-mail, Website, Twitter, Youtube, Facebook
- Publish the Event.
- Preview the Event.
Customization of the event submission form
You can add, edit, or remove fields from event submission form using filters. You can check the tutorial for editing fields.