Event ticket sales and event promotion are directly related to each other as the ticket sales highly depend on the way you promote your event. If you are searching for tips to increase your ticket sales on Facebook, you must find out how you can effectively promote your event on the platform.
Social media is an inseparable part of event promotion and when it comes to promoting an event on a social media platform, the first name that comes to our mind is Facebook.
Facebook is not just a social networking site but also a platform where all types of events can be promoted including professional meetings, conferences, celebrations and more.
The popular social media platform can highly expand audience reach for your event but you need to know different ways to promote on Facebook.
If you are looking for effective ways to advertise your events on Facebook, this article is for you. Here, we have shared some of the most useful and result-driven ways for Facebook event marketing.
Different ways to promote events on Facebook:
In order to advertise your events on Facebook, the first step that you need to take is to create a Facebook events page.
1. Optimize your event page
Your events page is the place from where your target audiences on Facebook will get all the information from. So, you need to make it attractive to catch the attention of your target audience.
Consider the following tips:
- Create an amazing first impression on your target audiences by building a Facebook events page that is visually appealing.
- Add a creative and suitable title to your page that can instantly connect with your visitors.
- Use high definition and eye catchy images on the cover photos that not only look beautiful but also clearly convey the message that you want to share with the viewers.
- Post relevant and engaging content regularly.
- As soon as you create the page, start inviting people to it.
Remember, the Facebook events page works as an identity of your events on the platform so make it carefully and creatively.
2. Add event details to your page
This is an important part of the process. Before posting an event on Facebook, you need to ensure that you have entered all the necessary details of it.
Consider the following points:
- Once you are done adding your event details to the page, check once again to avoid any errors or missing information in it.
- The details that you compulsorily need to add to your event includes:
- Event date.
- Event location.
- Contact information.
- Don’t forget to check the accuracy of each information that you add to the page.
3. Be available for your audience
You need to stay available for your target audience to answer their queries on time. This is one of the strongest ways to build a great bond with your audience.
Consider the following points:
- Set a specific time duration for attending phone calls and responding to audiences through emails and clearly state that on your page for audiences to see.
- Make sure that you are available as promised during that time to build trust.
- Don’t forget to answer in-app queries, comment replies and followers’ queries as they are equally important.
This also helps you engage your audience with your Facebook events page.
4. Drive traffic through marketing campaigns
Running an email marketing campaign can be extremely beneficial for you in promoting events on Facebook. You can attract more people towards your page through email marketing campaigns.
Consider the following points:
- You can share the link of your Facebook events page through your newsletter that will be sent to your mail list contacts.
- You can also keep your contacts updated with an event calendar which will contain the dates and details of your event.
- If you still do not have an event calendar or are planning to create one for your business, turn to WP Event Manager that helps you build an event calendar that not only looks good but also rich in features. Click here to get more details on the same.
- Offering early access to your loyal attendees is also a good idea here.
- Besides, adding a discount code can also boost your ticket sales through a newsletter.
- Use an attractive email template to grab the attention of your target audiences.
5. Promoting Events with Facebook ads
Facebook gives you the option to promote an event directly through your events page. You just need to click on the promote option that is present at the top right corner of your events page.
- You will come across various options from which you need to choose the “ Boost an event ” option.
- After clicking on the option, you need to fill up the details of your advertisement including its creative copy.
- Here, you will be given the option to select your target audience as per your preference and finalize your daily budget.
- Then mention the time duration of your ad.
- Once you are done with the above mentioned steps, patiently wait for a couple of weeks to see the results.
Facebook lets you make appealing digital ad campaigns with its user-friendly Ads Manager.
It offers multiple options to make your campaigns successful.
With Facebook Ads Manager, you get:
- Several customization option.
- A huge list of other options that you can choose based on your preferences.
- The option to run your advertisements for a specific time period for their target audiences within a fixed budget.
6. Live-stream event announcements
Live streaming on Facebook has become a trend nowadays. It can be a very useful tool for pre-event promotion.
You can share behind the stage activities, preparation and inside stories through Facebook live with your audience.
You can make event announcements, share a Q&A session or interview with your audience by going live on Facebook.
The best part about Facebook live is that your audience can connect with you in real time which helps you understand your audiences response and excitement for your event.
7. Answering quest queries through Facebook messenger
People often forget to respond to their guests on Facebook. This is probably due to other important work involvement. However, this is considered as one of the biggest marketing mistakes that businesses make today.
Audiences often try to reach out to you with their queries on Facebook and ignoring them means losing customers. They can connect with your page through Post comments or Facebook messenger and you must answer as soon as they come to you with their queries.
Having a Facebook Messenger chatbot can be extremely helpful for you in this regard.
With a chatbot, you get the option to customize the welcome text, share personalized promotional content and do more.
8. Create mobile friendly ads
Most people access Facebook on their phones and that is why you need to create content that looks good on mobile devices.
9. Reward your target audiences for liking your page
Everyone loves rewards and you could utilize this human nature to boost the exposure of your events.
You can offer rewards in terms of discounts on ticket prices to your target audiences for liking and following your page.
As discounts attract people it will help you boost your sales as well.
10. Creating Facebook events
Creating Facebook events is another option that can help you increase your business visibility on the social networking platform and increase ticket sales.
Before explaining about Facebook events, let us tell you, Facebook events are not restricted to classes, shows or games, your tours and activities can also be a part of it.
- Facebook events get visibility very quickly in the events section.
- Your Facebook event also appears to other users on Facebook who have liked or followed similar event pages or look for similar content as “events you may like”. This highly increases event exposure.
- Besides, when a follower or user selects the going or interested option for your event, their friends also see this activity which indirectly adds more visibility to your Facebook event.
Sharing your events on Facebook can highly increase your guest list and reach out to those who are your biggest admirers.
Here are the steps, you need to take to create your own Facebook event:
- Go to your Facebook Page, and press the Events button at the top.
- Add an appealing image or video related to your event.
- Give an impressive and creative event title.
- Add the event location, and a brief description. Make sure your description offers a clear idea about your event to your attendee.
- Select a category. This could be a bit complicated as you would not find any category for things to do. So try to find the most relevant option or select others.
- At this stage you need to decide how frequently you will conduct your events. Here, you can add all your time slots by choosing the Customize dates and times option. It is recommended for you to create an event on Facebook at least a week in advance to gain maximum attention from your target audience.
- Facebook also lets you add any vendors who are associated with your events as co-hosts. You only need to give them a heads up and they will have the right to edit.
- User relevant keywords and your booking page URL that will take users to the Tickets field.
- Finally click on the Publish button.
We hope that the above mentioned points will introduce you with different ways to promote your event on Facebook. If you are associated with events business, utilizing a powerful social media platform like Facebook to promote your events and drive sales is a great idea. However, promoting events on other platforms is also important. If you want to strengthen your marketing strategies and boost ticket sales the marketing addons offered by WP Event Manager can be the best pick for you. Discover the marketing addons now.
The amount of ticket sales for an event highly depends on the way you promote it because that is the only way through which you can reach out to your target audience.