Woocommerce Paid Listings
WP Event Manager – Paid Listing is integrated with the Woocommerce Paid Listings plugin, that’s why it is named as Woocommerce Paid Listings. Woocommerce Paid Listings plugin allows you to monetize your website.
Event Organizer has to select a price package (Paid or Free) to submit the number of events for the number of days allowed by the selected package on your website.
Woocommerce Paid Listings Installation
- Automatic Installation : You can install plugin from backend of your WordPress. Click Here to see how you can do automatic installation.,/li>
- Manual Installation : You can install plugin manually using SFTP or FTP tool as well. Click Here to see how you can do manual installation.
Watch this video for more clarification.
How to add Price Packages?
To add price packages on the submit event page,
- Go to WP-admin >> Products >> All Products >> Add New.
- Insert the title of your package and set information as shown in the below screenshot.
- Product Data: Select “Event Package” from dropdown.
- Regular price (£): Insert regular price of package.
- Sale price (£): Insert sale price of package.
- Event listing limit: Insert number of events you want to allow user to list/submit with this package.
- Event listing duration: Insert number of days events get published on frontend of your website.
- Feature Listings?: Enable this option if you want to make event as a featured to style it differently and sticky.
This is how the price packages will appear on frontend event submission form:
How to get Purchased Price Packages Details?
You could get all your purchased price packages with all the details on Woocommerce’s “My Account” Page(WP-admin >> Pages >> My Account).
It will show you Package Name, Remaining Event Listings, Listing Duration, Featured details.
How to allow users to choose a Package after entering event detail?
There is an option of “Paid Listings Flow” in backend.
- Go to WP-admin >> Event Listings >> Settings >> Event Submissions.
- Select “Choose a package after entering event details” option from dropdown box.
- Save the changes.
Using this, it will ask to choose the package after filling out the event details on submit event page.
Advanced: Overriding/Customizing the templates
For overriding or customization, template files can be found in the wp-event-manager-wc-paid-listings/templates/ directory. To override a template file,
- Create directory “wp-event-manager-wc-paid-listings” under your theme folder
- Copy the template file to “/wp-content/yourtheme/wp-event-manager-wc-paid-listings/” directory.
- Your theme will use all the template files from the “/wp-content/yourtheme/wp-event-manager-wc-paid-listings/” directory instead of the plugin’s template file (/wp-content/plugins/wp-event-manager-wc-paid-listings/).
- my-packages.php template file show the purchased package details.
- package-selection.php template lists the packages for posting an event.
Remember: If you have overridden template file and plugin frequently updating then you need to sync template file with new updates from the plugin’s template file for better functionality and new features.