Woocommerce Paid Listings
The WooCommerce Paid Listing plugin offers the combined strength of WP Event Manager and WooCommerce Paid listing. It allows you to monetize your website and receive payment through WooCommerce.
The plugin lets website owners create subscription packages for event organizers for posting their events on their websites. Here, the admin receives the payment from the organizers through WooCommerce.
An event Organizer has to select a price package (Paid or Free) to submit the number of events for the number of days allowed in the selected package on the website.
Installing The Plugin
The installation process is the same for all the addons, offered by WP Event Manager. They can be both installed automatically and manually.
- Automatic Installation : You can install the plugin from the backend of your WordPress. Click Here to see how you can install the plugin automatically.
- Manual Installation : You can also install the plugin manually using SFTP or FTP tools. Click Here to see how you can install the plugin manually.
Watch the entire video for better understanding.
How to add Price Packages?
To add price packages on the submit event page, here are the steps you need to take.
- Go to WP-admin >> Products >> All Products >> Add New.
- Insert the title of your package and set information as shown in the below-mentioned screenshot.
- Product Data: Select “Event Package” from dropdown.
- Regular price (£): Insert regular price of a package.
- Sale price (£): Insert sale price of a package.
- Event listing limit: Insert the number of events you want to allow a user to list/submit with this package.
- Event listing duration: Insert the number of days during which the events get published on frontend of your website.
- Feature Listings?: Enable this option if you want to tag an event as featured to style it differently.
This is how the price packages will appear on frontend event submission form:
How to get the Purchased Price Packages Details?
You can access all the details of your purchased price packages on Woocommerce’s “My Account” Page(WP-admin >> Pages >> My Account).
It will display the package details including Package Name, Remaining Event Listings, Listing Duration, Featured details.
WooCommerce Paid Listing Settings:
To access WooCommerce Paid Listing settings, here are the steps you need to take:
- Go to wp-admin>>Event Manager>>Settings.
- Click on the Paid Listing Settings tab.
- Here you will get the following options:
- Paid Listing Flow:This option allows you to decide if you want to choose a package before or after entering event details.
- Enable event category selection: if you enable this option, you will be able to create an event listing package based on event category selection.
- Enable event type selection: if you enable this option, you will be able to create an event listing package based on event type selection. should choose a package for event submission through a dropdown.
Advanced: Overriding/Customizing the templates
For overriding or customization, template files can be found in the wp-event-manager-wc-paid-listings/templates/ directory.
To override a template file, here are the steps you need to take
- Create directory “wp-event-manager-wc-paid-listings” under your theme folder.
- Copy the template file to “/wp-content/yourtheme/wp-event-manager-wc-paid-listings/” directory.
- Your theme will use all the template files from the “/wp-content/yourtheme/wp-event-manager-wc-paid-listings/” directory instead of the plugin’s template file (/wp-content/plugins/wp-event-manager-wc-paid-listings/).
- my-packages.php template file shows the purchased package details.
- package-selection.php template lists the packages for posting an event.
Remember: If you have overridden template file and plugin frequently updating then you need to sync template file with new updates from the plugin’s template file for better functionality and new features.