- Register for an Eventbrite account
- Once registered and logged in, go to the Account Settings
- Find the App Management menu
- In that section, create a new app & it will state what your App ID. Copy and paste that AppID into the settings of this plugin(WP-admin >> Event Listings >> Settings >> Eventbrite Integration >> Your personal OAuth token). You can create your personal OAuth token here
- To test your personal OAuth token please test here
Go to WP-admin >> Event Listings >> Settings >> Eventbrite Integration. Here, you can find the Eventbrite Integration Settings that you need to fill up before going ahead.
You can just pull the events by using the search parameters you define in the settings. This is an efficient and faster way to fetch events of a particular category, type or tag to your website.
Once a user does an actual search, for a location example, the Eventbrite queries will reflect this showing relevant results to your users.
- Your personal OAuth token: To show search results from Eventbrite you will need a organizer account. Obtain this here
- Eventbrite Organiser ID: You will find organizer id inside the organizer profile url at the end last digits.
- Enable XML Feed: The generated feed can be used to submit events to Eventbrite (see here). Your feed will be found at here.
- XML Feed Event Limit: Enter how many events should be listed in your feed maximum. Leave blank to show all (if the server has enough memory/resources).
- Enable Backfill: Enabling this allows you to show sponsored event listings from Eventbrite within your own event lists.
- Default query: Enter terms to search for by default. By default terms are AND . Search for multiple terms at once by using the “or” keyword between each keyword. e.g. Term1 or Term2.
- Default location: Enter a location to search for by default.
- Default event type: Choose which type of event to query by default.
- Backfilling (no results): If there are no events found, backfill with maximum 50 events from Eventbrite instead. Leave blank or set to 0 to disable.
- Backfill before events: Show a maximum of maximum 50 events from Eventbrite above your event listings. Leave blank or set to 0 to disable.
- Backfill after events: Show a maximum of maximum 50 events from Eventbrite after the last page of your event listings. Leave blank or set to 0 to disable.
Eventbrite events are listed in a similar format to your local events of the Event Manager Plugin.
You can directly link to Eventbrite instead of going through a single event description on your site. By default it will show events with 50 per page i because eventbrite is only providing pagination with 50 events per page.
You can display Eventbrite Events on specific static page as well using shortcode. For that, go to WP-admin >> Pages >> Add New and add below shortcode into the description area of the page and publish the page.