SlidersSliders plugin will help you to display the event slider on the front end of your website with event image, event title, organizer name and organizer description. Also, event slider is totally responsive in different devices.
InstallationYou can install Slider plugin using 2 different ways:
How To Get Slider Using Shortcode?There are two different methods to display slider on website. First one is using shortcode and second one is using page template.
[event_owl_carousel_slider featured=1 limit=5 orderby="rand" container_id="event-manager-owl-carousel-slider" navigation="true" slide_speed=300 single_item="true" lazy_load="true" auto_play=7000]
- featured : Set 1 to show only featured events, 0 to show non-featured events or leave out entirely to show both(Featured & Non-featured).
- limit : Set the maximum number of events you want to display in slider.
- orderby : In which order you want to display the events in slider(Supports – title, ID, name, modified, parent, rand).
- container_id : event-manager-owl-carousel-slider (It’s optional).
- navigation : Set “true” if you want to show navigation, otherwise set it to “false”.
- slide_speed : Speed of the slider.
- single_item : Set “true” for single item per slide.
- auto_play : Set the time between each slide to move. By default, it is 7000(7 second).
How To Get Slider Using Page Template?First of all, create a new .php file into the root folder of your theme and name it something along the lines of “event-owl-carousel-slider.php” and add below code into the file and save.
Now, go to WP-admin >> Pages >> Add New. Here, you will get “Owl Carousel Slider Template” option for Template under “Page Attributes” section at right bottom side of the page. Select that template and publish the page. That’s it! 🙂
<?php /** Template Name: Owl Carousel Slider Template
* @since: 1.0.0 */ ?>
<?php get_header(); ?>
<?php echo do_shortcode('[event_owl_carousel_slider]');?>
<?php get_footer(); ?>
Frontend view Of The SliderThis is how your slider will look on the front end of your website with the event image, event title, organizer name and organizer description.
Responsive View Of SliderYes, the slider you see here is totally responsive! When your visitors are viewing the website on any of different devices(tablet, mobile, iPad, etc.), the slider promises to render well without messing up the looks and format of your website.
Advanced: Overriding/Customizing the Template FilesFor overriding or customization template files can be found in the wp-event-manager-sliders/templates/ directory. To override a template file, first you need to create directory “wp-event-manager-sliders” under your theme folder and copy the template file to “/wp-content/yourtheme/wp-event-manager-sliders/” directory. Your theme will use all the template files from the “/wp-content/yourtheme/wp-event-manager-sliders/” directory instead of the plugin’s template file (/wp-content/plugins/wp-event-manager-sliders/).
- content-owl-slider-event_listing.php – which display event listings with owl carousel slider.