You can install plugin using 2 different ways:
 Automatic Installation
 Manual Installation
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t even need to leave your web browser.
Follow the steps mentioned below for doing automatic installation:
- Go to WP-admin >> Plugins >> Add new
- In the search field type “WP Event Manager” and click Search Plugins.
- Once you’ve found the plugin you can view details about it such as the the point release, rating and description. Most importantly of course, you can install it by clicking Install Now.
- Once you installed the plugin, go to WP-admin >> Plugins >> Installed Plugins. Here, you will get WP Event Manager plugin, just activate it.
- Then set up the pages by clicking on “Continue to page setup” button.
- Click on “Create select pages” button.
- Now, you will get WP Event Manager plugin’s shortcode pages installed on your site. You don’t need to create them manually.
- If you have downloaded the zip folder of the plugin, then you can upload it from backend. Go to WP-admin >> Plugins >> Add new >> Upload Plugin. Here, you will get button to upload zip folder, click on it.
- Upload the zip folder.
- Once done with upload process, click on Install now button to install the plugin.
- Activate the plugin.
- This is how you will get WP Event Manager plugin installed and activated on your site! 🙂
- Download the plugin file to your computer and unzip it.
- Using a FTP program, or your hosting control panel, upload the unzipped plugin folder to your WordPress installation’s “/wp-content/plugins/” directory.
- Activate the plugin from WP-admin >> Plugins >> Installed Plugins.
If you have not auto-installed the event pages, then you can create those pages manually as well just by writting shortcodes.
Follow these steps for creating event pages:
- Go to WP-admin >> Pages >> Add new
- Add Shortcode into the description area of the page
- Publish the page